Has anyone made a list of books used?

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
KimS

Has anyone made a list of books used?

Post by KimS » Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:25 pm

Has anyone made a list of books used in each level for each subject? I need something like that to give my umbrella school and thought if someone had already done this they might be willing to share it.
They want more than "I am using Heart of Dakota" They want each book listed for each subject. If I have to do this next year I would be willing to share with anyone else that might need it.
Oh and the reason I don't copy from the site is that there are pictures and descriptions that I don't need on there.

raceNzanesmom

Re: Has anyone made a list of books used?

Post by raceNzanesmom » Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:27 pm

KimS wrote:Oh and the reason I don't copy from the site is that there are pictures and descriptions that I don't need on there.
You should be able to copy and paste the text off the web site into a Word doc without too much problem. That's what I did to have a list of Beyond readers with me.
~Angie
Helpmeet to James for twenty six years
Mom to Race, 23- homeschool grad and Zane, 12- RTR

pjdobro

Post by pjdobro » Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:43 pm

I agree, you should be able to paste and copy. One of the most useful things I learned when taking a html class at a community college years ago was how to cut and paste. Highlight the text you desire to copy, press "ctrl c" to copy. Then go to your other document and press "ctrl v" to paste it into the new document. Probably everyone else in the world knows that, but I didn't and it saves me a ton of time on a daily basis. :D
Patty in NC

b/g twins '02 Rev2Rev 2014/15
previously enjoyed LHFHG, BLHFHG, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, RTR
Nisi Dominus Frusta (Without God, frustration)
Unless the LORD builds the house, its builders labor in vain. Psalm 127:1

KimS

Post by KimS » Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:23 am

I will try that. I know how to copy and past it is just if I copy and paste all books at once I get the pics too.
I may work on this next week and see how I get it laid out. I don't have to turn anything in until the fall but it will be nice to have it done.

avbprincess

Post by avbprincess » Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:22 pm

Here's a much easier way to get the complete bibliography (title, author, publisher, date) of the books used for each program:

1) Go to the main product page on the HOD website of each guide for which you need a book list.
2) Click on the link for the the guide's Introduction PDF file (LHFHG and Beyond links are on the right under the picture of the guide cover, links for other guides are found in the top middle of the product page, and there's no Intro yet for RevToRev).
3) In the first seciton of each Introduction after the Table of Contents is a list of "Resources" (History, Science, etc.).
4) Copy and paste, no formatting necessary!
I'll paste the info here for you as well because I've got free time on my hands. :D
Little Hearts (Resource list starts on page 7): http://www.heartofdakota.com/pdf/little ... -intro.pdf
Beyond (Resource list starts on page 8 ): http://www.heartofdakota.com/pdf/beyond ... -intro.pdf
Bigger (Resource list starts on page 8 ): http://www.heartofdakota.com/pdf/BHFHG- ... -07-11.pdf
Preparing (Resource list starts on page 6): http://www.heartofdakota.com/pdf/PHFHG-intro.pdf
CTC (Resource list starts on page 2): http://www.heartofdakota.com/pdf/CTC-Introduction.pdf
RTR (Resource list starts on page 5): http://www.heartofdakota.com/pdf/rtr-toc-intro.pdf
Last edited by avbprincess on Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deanna
Wife to DH since 2000
DS 16 - US1
HODers from the beginning

John'smom

Post by John'smom » Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:04 pm

Even with copying and pasting, you can just click on the pictures and then press delete and that should take care of the book pictures. I hope that makes sense. :D
Edwena
*Married to my best friend for 16 yrs
*Mom to ds (15), dd (13), dd #2(3)
*Combining my dc in WG (2017-2018)
*Completed and absolutely loved BLHFHG through MTMM

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:01 pm

Kim,

You can actually print the Introduction of the guide you're using from our website to turn in to your umbrella school. :D It lists the main spines used in the various subject areas, but it also gives an overview of how every subject area is covered. :D We would also give you permission to copy the Storytime descriptions and listings from the Appendix of your guide just to turn in if needed. The same permission would be granted in this instance for the Extension Pack books, which are also found with descriptions in the Appendix of your guide. This will definitely be enough information for the school and is likely what they are really seeking anyway. :D

Blessings,
Carrie

sahervey

Post by sahervey » Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:40 pm

Carrie, and everyone, I apologize for posting that list. I didn't know it was a no-no. So sorry about that.
Amy
Married to a Navy Chaplain
Mom to 4: Addie, Joel, Silas, and Lincoln
AH2
World History
MtMM
Bigger

avbprincess

Post by avbprincess » Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:48 pm

sahervey wrote:Carrie, and everyone, I apologize for posting that list. I didn't know it was a no-no. So sorry about that.
I'm assuming that the only objection to the list was the inclusion of Amazon (i.e. competitor) prices. It was otherwise kind of you to take the time to paste it in. And as it looks like you are new, I'd like to say welcome to the boards! :D
Deanna
Wife to DH since 2000
DS 16 - US1
HODers from the beginning

KimS

Post by KimS » Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:55 am

Thank you Carrie. That seems like what they would need in fact probably more than they need.
I did type them up my self just the other day but it didn't give all the info that the introduction gives. Thanks again.