Prayer needed

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
christina101902

Prayer needed

Post by christina101902 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:11 am

I am submitting my letter to the school board that I am homeschooling my daughter. I was informed by the superintendents sec. that I may be required to have a meeting with the Sup. I have been told by other moms that this is the counties bully tactic that they use to "persuade" you to send your child to their schools. Please pray that if I am summoned , I will have the strength and confidence to stand my ground.
Christina

Desiree 5-LHFHG K
2- 1yr olds- dancing and singing along

John'smom

Re: Prayer needed

Post by John'smom » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:22 am

Christina,
From what I know, you legally do not have to meet with anybody. I had a friend who was told she had to meet with the school, and after talking with HSLDA, they told her not to and that it's not required. Also, if you do things, that are not legally required, it honestly makes things harder for other homeschoolers later when they don't comply with all the demands that aren't required by law. Praying for you though.
Edwena
*Married to my best friend for 16 yrs
*Mom to ds (15), dd (13), dd #2(3)
*Combining my dc in WG (2017-2018)
*Completed and absolutely loved BLHFHG through MTMM

Robbi

Post by Robbi » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:32 am

I'm new to homeschooling (actually haven't filled out paperwork yet) but I would suggest you find out your state laws regarding what is required! Prayers for you!!

Robbi
Robbi
DD 19 Graduated from HOD
DS 15 USI & II combo
DS 10 RTR
DS 8 Preparing
We have now used all the guides!

mskogen

Post by mskogen » Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:26 am

Christina,

What state do you live? All states have different requirements. I would check www.hslda.org for the homeschooling regulations in your state. You do not want to do something you are not legally required to do. HSLDA can also help you find homeschooling support groups in your area as well.
Blessings,
Michelle

Wife to dh since 2000
ds 15 years old, World History
ds 14 years old, World History
ds 11 years old, RTR
dd 9 years old, Preparing
Enjoyed LHTH, LHFHG, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, RTR, Rev2Rev, MTMM, WG, enjoying WH

4Hispraise

Post by 4Hispraise » Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:38 am

Praying....Lord God in Heaven, You who have called this family to school their children at home...I pray You will grant her strength and wisdom. I pray that You will guide her footsteps and give her exactly the right things to do and say. Help her to shine the light of Your love, even in this challenge. Thank You that where You lead us, You provide the strength and courage for us to travel. Thank You for this family's willingness to obey Your voice. In the name of My Precious Savior, Amen.

Christina,
Go check out Homeschool Legal Defense's website. PP gave the link. That is where you need to start. They have every state's requirement's listed. I will continue praying.

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9 (ESV)
Shelly- bride of 22 yrs. to My Hero
Mom to 2 treasures on earth, and 2 treasures in Heaven
DS - 16
DS - 7 Bigger Hearts For His Glory

tnahid

Post by tnahid » Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:13 pm

I agree with all these posts. Please check the HSLDA website or call them for counsel. I would not go to a meeting that I was not required to attend by law. What state are you in?

Praying for you...
Tina
ds 11 -- DITHOR 4/5 and other curriculum
ds 9 -- Preparing and DITHOR
dd 5 -- 1st grade variety of curriculum
Wife of a loving DH 12 years
starting our 4th year of home education, 3rd year of HOD and DITHOR, so blessed...what a journey!

christina101902

Post by christina101902 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:51 pm

I am in FLorida. Ty for the link, Im going to do a little research.
Christina

Desiree 5-LHFHG K

christina101902

Post by christina101902 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:56 pm

All I have to do is send in a letter. I will be sending it certified mail so they have to sign for it. Thank you all, my burden has been lifted.
Christina

Desiree 5-LHFHG K

Heather4Him

Post by Heather4Him » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:36 pm

Ditto all the above posts--and praying for you, too!!
Love in Christ,
Heather (WI)
~~~~~
16yog girl
DITHOR/CTC/RTR/Rev2Rev/MTMM