Loving Bigger!

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
LeAnna

Loving Bigger!

Post by LeAnna » Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:44 pm

We are into our 4th week with Bigger and absolutely love it! My kids love the step up from Beyond, with more science! They are having so much fun with the experiments and notebooking! It's wonderful to be able to keep their school work, in a notebook, as a keepsake, instead of piles of papers, you don't know what to do with. Love it!
I'm amazed at how my kids have grown too, in their ability to narrate back to me what they have learned. It comes with time, but I see how much they have grown back from when we first started. :D We continue to love HOD! :D :D

LeAnna
Last edited by LeAnna on Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
Love my husband of 18 years this year;
Love my 3 teenagers--13, 15, and 16. They keep me young, but hanging on for dear life! :lol:
Used HOD in the earliest years with all three of them!

lmercon

Re: Loving Bigger!

Post by lmercon » Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:56 pm

We loved Bigger too! I can tell you that Preparing is just as wonderful! Enjoy the year.
Wife to a great guy and mommy to:
Ds(15) - using WG and loving it!
Dd(11) - using Res.to Ref and having a blast!
Ds (3) - our joy!
Two little ones in the arms of Jesus - I can't wait to hold you in Heaven!

beverett

Post by beverett » Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:08 pm

I just wanted to chime in that I am so glad you are enjoying it!! :D We are absolutelty LOVING it also... We are loving HOD period and can not wait to start our next three guides (RTR, PREPARING, and LHFHG)!!! :D :D We had gotten to a point that even I dreaded doing school (before HOD) and now everyday is a new exciting adventure! This has been the best thing ever for our family. For example, today we were making our bird nests for science and when the boys were finished with their projects they got to eat them. I have two boys in bigger, and one of my younger sons(in LHTH) was watching us. I told them when they were finished they could eat their nests!! My 7 year old says "mom can we give keagon(in LHTH) all the chocolate in the bowl and spoon ( i had already told them they could split it)? Remember how we learned about fairness in DITHOR the other day" Well of coarse :D :D I was thrilled to see they are remembering!!! Hope you continue to love it as we have ( I am sure that wont be any trouble!)
Brandi
Blessed with an amazing hubby and6 beautiful boys
DS-graduated!
DS-8th Rev to Rev
DS-6th RTR
DS-3rd Bigger
DS- 5yo LHTH

DS- 1yo future HODie

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:14 pm

This is great to hear, LeAnna! :D I'm so glad your sweeties are off and running with Bigger and lovin' the journey! :D
In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:17 pm

beverett wrote:...I told them when they were finished they could eat their nests!! My 7 year old says "mom can we give keagon(in LHTH) all the chocolate in the bowl and spoon ( i had already told them they could spit it)? Remember how we learned about fairness in DITHOR the other day" Well of coarse :D :D I was thrilled to see they are remembering!!! ...
Now that's true application of Godly character traits studied and learned! :lol: Way to go kiddos - when are you mixin' up some chocolate next? I'll be over to help with the "cleanup"! :lol:

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

Tree House Academy

Post by Tree House Academy » Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:22 pm

We will be starting this over the summer and taking it into next school year. My younger ds and I are so excited. It should be a fun year with Bigger and RTR! Thanks for sharing your experiences!
~Rebecca~

ds13(8th) - Rev to Rev w/ TT Pre-Algebra, R&S English 6, CLE Reading 8, Rosetta Stone French
ds9 (4th) - Preparing Hearts, TT Math 4, R&S English 3, CLE Reading 4, & Writeshop Jr.

We have completed LHFHG, BLHFHG, Bigger, CTC, & RTR.

John'smom

Post by John'smom » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:33 pm

What an encouraging post!!! We too are looking forward to doing Bigger next year!!! :D
Edwena
*Married to my best friend for 16 yrs
*Mom to ds (15), dd (13), dd #2(3)
*Combining my dc in WG (2017-2018)
*Completed and absolutely loved BLHFHG through MTMM

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:59 pm

LeAnna,

I'm so glad to hear that you are underway with Bigger Hearts and are enjoying your days! :D We are doing Bigger Hearts right now too, and I agree that it is amazing to see the amount of growth that takes place as kiddos head from Beyond into Bigger Hearts. It does a momma's heart good! :D

My little guy adores the science too. First thing every morning, he looks in the guide to see what he is doing for science for that day. :wink: Thanks for sharing! :D

Blessings,
Carrie

tnahid

Post by tnahid » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:41 pm

This is encouraging! We will be in Bigger next year as well! Can't wait!
Tina
ds 11 -- DITHOR 4/5 and other curriculum
ds 9 -- Preparing and DITHOR
dd 5 -- 1st grade variety of curriculum
Wife of a loving DH 12 years
starting our 4th year of home education, 3rd year of HOD and DITHOR, so blessed...what a journey!