Great day with Little Hearts and 6 yo boy

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Gwenny

Great day with Little Hearts and 6 yo boy

Post by Gwenny » Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:24 pm

I started with HOD for the 1st time about 2 weeks ago. I've been reading a ton of the old posts on this board and trying to keep up with the new posts. I keep reading about how people love it and then they share about great times and discussions with their little people because of the assignments. Well...I know what everyone is talking about now. I have loved the days we've done, but yesterday I did another day with my 6 yo boy. I LOVED IT and I know he did as well. It was so great to have that one-on-one time with him. He's a talker and a thinker and is so funny. Every part was so great, the Bible reading--he had much to say about that and what he thinks about God, the science, the storytime--he talks like Burgess does. He was supposed to write a letter to Reddy Fox (I write what he says) and it was so adorable what he had to say. In fact, he talked so fast I couldn't write it all down that quickly. I never would've done half of the things she suggested, I never would've thought of them and I wouldn't have thought that he would enjoy them like he did.

Anyway, I am so grateful and all of my kids are loving it. Thanks Carrie! (and thanks to your husband and children) :) I'm pretty sure I'm going to go to the Arlington, TX bookfair. I'm trying to make it work since you will be there. I was a little worried when I saw your post about changing your schedule. So glad to see Arlington was still on there. I hope Julie will be there as well!

Nancy
Nancy
Dd29 married (w/2 sons 1/2/14, 5/24/16), ds27, dd25 married (w/dd born 8/9/16), dd25, dd22
Dd 19 HS in special ed
Dd14 RevtoRev
Ds12 RevtoRev
Ds 9 Preparing
Dd 5 LHFHG

tnahid

Re: Great day with Little Hearts and 6 yo boy

Post by tnahid » Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:25 am

What a sweet post...I know what you mean. It is a really enjoyable curriculum, isn't it? And it provides so much quality and precious times with our children.

BTW, where in Texas do you live? Curious, as my husband will probably be getting a job offer from a firm in Dallas. Not sure that we will go or anything, but praying about it...
Tina
ds 11 -- DITHOR 4/5 and other curriculum
ds 9 -- Preparing and DITHOR
dd 5 -- 1st grade variety of curriculum
Wife of a loving DH 12 years
starting our 4th year of home education, 3rd year of HOD and DITHOR, so blessed...what a journey!

Gwenny

Post by Gwenny » Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:31 am

We are in Austin. It's the place to be in Texas. Tell him to try to get a job here. :)

Nancy
Nancy
Dd29 married (w/2 sons 1/2/14, 5/24/16), ds27, dd25 married (w/dd born 8/9/16), dd25, dd22
Dd 19 HS in special ed
Dd14 RevtoRev
Ds12 RevtoRev
Ds 9 Preparing
Dd 5 LHFHG

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:20 pm

Nancy,

I''m so glad that your little guy had a great start with LHFHG! :D We pray it may continue to be a blessing to your family! Thanks so much for taking time to share an update. :D Your little boy sounds precious! :D

Blessings,
Carrie