Dh is not on board...

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Daph

Re: Dh is not on board...

Post by Daph » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:11 pm

Wow. Every new thing I hear makes me want to try it even more.

You know, it's funny how God works things out. I did discuss it further with my dh and his concern was the cost, and also that we spend so much on curriculum for it to only last nine months, or not use it at all (I've tried so many things that just did not work for us). He doesn't see it being necessary for the little one. So, I brought up using it for two years, instead of one, and he seemed to warm to the idea a little. (As far as what I'll do for the next guides, I guess I'll just cross that bridge when I get to it.) Later that day, out of the blue, my MIL called me and said, "You want to make $80?" LOL So, today I cleaned her house for her, and she ended up paying me $100, so now I can pay for most of the curriculum for my Kindergartner. So funny. I just can't help but shake my head and laugh. XD
Dd 9 - Bigger Hearts.
Dd 5 - Kindergarten with various things.
Happily married to a graduated homeschooler who is intelligent and socialized. ;)

pjdobro

Post by pjdobro » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:14 pm

Wow, that is wonderful! God really does supply all our needs. :D :D
Patty in NC

b/g twins '02 Rev2Rev 2014/15
previously enjoyed LHFHG, BLHFHG, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, RTR
Nisi Dominus Frusta (Without God, frustration)
Unless the LORD builds the house, its builders labor in vain. Psalm 127:1

tnahid

Post by tnahid » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:27 pm

THAT is awesome!!!! I love how faithful our Father really is. He gives us the desires of our heart when we delight ourself in Him....He always knows what we need! Awesome. I praise you, Father!
Tina
ds 11 -- DITHOR 4/5 and other curriculum
ds 9 -- Preparing and DITHOR
dd 5 -- 1st grade variety of curriculum
Wife of a loving DH 12 years
starting our 4th year of home education, 3rd year of HOD and DITHOR, so blessed...what a journey!

Mercy

Post by Mercy » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:07 am

Daph,
What an awesome testimony!! Yes, He is so good! I will keep this in my heart as I wait patiently for the finances to buy next years curriculum. :wink:
Rejoicing with you,
Mercy
Mercy
14yob- World Geo Guide
8yog- BHFHG
5yob- LHFHG

FiveLittlePeaches

Post by FiveLittlePeaches » Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:18 am

Daph,

I'm also rejoicing with you! God is so good.

Gwenny

Post by Gwenny » Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:41 am

You know what I love? That you want to spend your extra money on school things for your child! :) Every time I have to spend money on something, I always think of how many books that could've bought. (probably not a great habit) :)

Nancy
Nancy
Dd29 married (w/2 sons 1/2/14, 5/24/16), ds27, dd25 married (w/dd born 8/9/16), dd25, dd22
Dd 19 HS in special ed
Dd14 RevtoRev
Ds12 RevtoRev
Ds 9 Preparing
Dd 5 LHFHG

FiveLittlePeaches

Post by FiveLittlePeaches » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:10 am

Gwenny wrote:You know what I love? That you want to spend your extra money on school things for your child! :) Every time I have to spend money on something, I always think of how many books that could've bought. (probably not a great habit) :)

Nancy
LOL. When my husband asked me what I wanted for Christmas last year, all I could think of was PHFHG. It is a "sickness", isn't it? :D

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:28 am

PTL- I am so so glad our Father provided an opportunity for funds for you, and that you were able to seize the moment! :D Smart gal'! Just think - one day of cleaning - and wah-lah - close to a whole year's worth of curriculum of your little one - two years actually, if going half-speed! :) Keep on prayin'... and the Lord will keep revealing His blessings to you!!! :D

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

8arrows

Post by 8arrows » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:33 am

I am so happy for you. God does work all things out. This is a story you will be able to share with your children in years to come to show them what a mighty God we serve.
Melissa, wife to Jim for 28 years
3 graduated, 2 using US 2, 8th grade dd using Missions to Marvels
Isaiah 40:11 ...He gently leads those that have young.

Daph

Post by Daph » Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:19 pm

Gwenny wrote:You know what I love? That you want to spend your extra money on school things for your child! :) Every time I have to spend money on something, I always think of how many books that could've bought. (probably not a great habit) :)

Nancy
It was just too much of a coincidence to use it for anything else. :D

It really is awesome. "Ask and ye shall receive." :lol:
Dd 9 - Bigger Hearts.
Happily married to a graduated homeschooler who is intelligent and socialized. ;)

anointedhsmom

Post by anointedhsmom » Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:43 pm

Praise the Lord! If this isn't the Lord showing you His will for your homeschool then honestly I don't know what He would do to make it clear LOL. :lol: And you are right. Don't worry about the other levels right now. The Lord will work that out too.

Blessings!
Blessings,
Paige in TN
Joshua 14 & Jacob 7
http://www.anointedhsmom.blogspot.com

Daph

Post by Daph » Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:37 pm

So, in the end, dh has decided that we don't need a full curriculum for dd5. While I am disappointed, I'm choosing to follow in that decision and keep on planning for next year. If things go as well as I hope with dd8 with HOD, I'm thinking he'll come around eventually. And if not, well, I'll have HOD Bigger to use with her when she's - bigger. :) I feel so blessed to have his input in this, though, and to have his unending support in this homeschool adventure. He's a veteran homeschooler, himself. Praise the Lord, anyhow. LOL :D

So, on a bright note, I have extra money to buy DITHOR for dd8. LOL
Dd 9 - Bigger Hearts.

Mercy

Post by Mercy » Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:47 pm

Hi Daph,
I just wanted to say that I respect your sweet spirit and heart towards your husband. I know how difficult it can be sometimes honor our husbands wishes with a right heart and it is so refreshing to see you so positive!
In His love,
Mercy
Mercy
14yob- World Geo Guide
8yog- BHFHG
5yob- LHFHG

Daph

Post by Daph » Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:18 am

Aw, thank you, Mercy. Well, in all honestly, for the past year, I've been praying for more input from him regarding school. So, I can't really get upset when the Lord answers that prayer, can I? LOL :lol:
Dd 9 - Bigger Hearts.