Changes to Our Convention Schedule

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Carrie
Site Admin

Changes to Our Convention Schedule

Post by Carrie » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:39 pm

Ladies,

We have had some final changes in destinations to our convention schedule that are now set for the season. We have been in prayer over this and really felt the Lord's leading in these changes. We have added some conventions that we have never been to before and consequently had to let go of several conventions that we have exhibited at for many years. It has been a hard choice, but we feel the Lord's peace over this season. :D

I wanted to make you aware of the changes, as they may impact where some of you choose to attend. :D See the link below to our finalized schedule for 2011. Please note the change in destination of the PA convention, as we will now be attending the CHAP convention instead. :D Link: http://www.heartofdakota.com/conference.php

Blessings,
Carrie

arstephia

Re: Changes to Our Convention Schedule

Post by arstephia » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:53 pm

:cry: I understand, but I'm sad... I was so looking forward to seeing you again and getting my hands and eyes on the new Rev to Rev... but I am glad you will be hitting new venues and expanding your following. Your curriculum has met so many needs for us and we truly enjoy it. I just will be all the more impatient waiting for the details and book lists for Rev to Rev. :wink: May God bless you and protect you in your travels this spring and summer! I
I've done all the guides now with at least one child and still feeling the HOD LOVE. LOL!
DD 9- Preparing
DD 13- Rev 2 Rev
DS 15- Geography

tnahid

Post by tnahid » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:41 pm

I am really wanting to try and make it to the Cincinnati convention. That is the closest one to me here in KY. I would really love to meet you two! If my Father wills, then I will be there!

Blessings!

Tina in KY
Tina
ds 11 -- DITHOR 4/5 and other curriculum
ds 9 -- Preparing and DITHOR
dd 5 -- 1st grade variety of curriculum
Wife of a loving DH 12 years
starting our 4th year of home education, 3rd year of HOD and DITHOR, so blessed...what a journey!

Great2kids

Post by Great2kids » Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:02 am

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D I am soooo excited that you have changed your plans and will be attending the HEAV convention. I didn't think you would be there so I place my order for RTR with Mike last week (will be here today :D ) and expressed how much I would love to meet you all one day if you got the chance to come to the HEAV convention. I look so forward to meeting you and Julie in June :D :D !!!!!
2015-2016
We are looking forward to our eighth year with HOD!

DS14 WH (Completed BHFHG, PHFHG, CTC, RTR, Rev to Rev, MTMM & WG)
DD10 RTR (Completed LHFHG, BLHFHG, BHFHG, PHFHG & CTC)

mae357

Post by mae357 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:07 am

I'm so excited that you're coming to Harrisburg! We live in Pittsburgh and do to scheduling conflicts were unable to make the OH convention. I look forward to meeting you then!

pjdobro

Post by pjdobro » Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:11 am

I'm sad that you aren't going to be making it to NC this year, but I understand that those ladies in Florida have been patient for many years waiting for you to come visit them. I know we need to share. :wink: I was thinking of trying to make it to the SC convention, but that doesn't look like it's going to happen. I'm happy to see though that I have a second chance to see ya'll in Virginia in June. I'll have to see if I can make that happen. :D I will continue to pray for you all as you finish your current guide, catalog, and attend conventions. :D
Patty in NC

b/g twins '02 Rev2Rev 2014/15
previously enjoyed LHFHG, BLHFHG, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, RTR
Nisi Dominus Frusta (Without God, frustration)
Unless the LORD builds the house, its builders labor in vain. Psalm 127:1

1shortmomof4

Post by 1shortmomof4 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:23 am

Oh my gosh, Oh my gosh - you are coming to Richmond! Really!!!!!!!! AWESOOOOMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEE!~! Now, I've got to make a plan to get there - never been as I prefer to go to the smaller convention in Centreville, VA (which is growing by leaps and bounds). Heidi
Heidi - LEO wife for over 21 years
Mom to 4 - ds 21 (college), ds (RTR), ds (visual-spatial learner who needs to see the big picture first) and future educator dd 18 (college)

8arrows

Post by 8arrows » Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:38 pm

OH NO, No Des Moines! I do understand that you need to do what you need to do, obviously. I do know what I need anyway. I am glad you let us know, because it will change my plans. Thank you for your consideration. Melissa
Melissa, wife to Jim for 28 years
3 graduated, 2 using US 2, 8th grade dd using Missions to Marvels
Isaiah 40:11 ...He gently leads those that have young.

water2wine

Post by water2wine » Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:04 pm

Hope you have a wonderful Convention tour! Praying God puts the people who really need HOD in your path and blesses your time. :D
All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children. Isaiah 54:13
~Six lovies from God~4 by blessing of adoption
-MTMM (HS), Rev to Rev, CTC, DITHR
We LOVED LHFHG/Beyond/Bigger/Preparing/CTC/RTR/Rev to Rev (HS)

deltagal

Post by deltagal » Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:25 pm

La dee da la dee I'm going to HEAV and HOD I will see !
With Joy!
Florence

My blog: http://florencebrooks.com/

Began HOD 1/2009
Currently using: Bigger, RTR, Rev to Rev and MTMM

psreit

Post by psreit » Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:32 pm

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D CHAP in Harrisburg!! Much closer than Valley Forge! I was planning to attend CHAP anyway! I'm so excited! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth. III John 4
Pam
dh 33 yrs
ds29 church planter in MA
dd27 SAH mom
dd26
dd 12
3 dgs(5,2, & born 6/15) & 2 dgd(3 & born 2/15)

Sue G in PA

Post by Sue G in PA » Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:10 am

Boo...no more Philly! I was so hoping to meet you and Julie. Oh well...an excuse to go to Harrisburg as well? :D Think dh will go for it?

lmercon

Post by lmercon » Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:03 am

I am VERY disappointed about this! I realize that you have to do what works best for you, but Philly really needs to see you guys. I am beyond bummed. I was so excited about HOD coming to SE PA. Really, really disappointed.
Laura
Wife to a great guy and mommy to:
Ds(15) - using WG and loving it!
Dd(11) - using Res.to Ref and having a blast!
Ds (3) - our joy!
Two little ones in the arms of Jesus - I can't wait to hold you in Heaven!

crlacey

Post by crlacey » Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:44 am

Wow, CHAP in Harrisburg is so much better for me. Now some of my friends will get to see you hands on!
Crystal
DD 20 married college graduate
DS 17 college student
DD 11 CTC

Finished: LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, BHFHG, PHFHG, CTC, Res to Ref, Rev to Rev, MTMM, parts of WG and WH

Heather4Him

Post by Heather4Him » Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:50 pm

Carrie--do you think you will come to WI sometime? We would LOVE to have you up here!! :)
Love in Christ,
Heather (WI)
~~~~~
16yog girl
DITHOR/CTC/RTR/Rev2Rev/MTMM