Carrie! You're coming to New England?!?

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Mom25

Carrie! You're coming to New England?!?

Post by Mom25 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:39 pm

I JUST found out that you're coming to Massachusetts for our April convention, and can I tell you I am SO THRILLED?!?!?! Hoping you're making a personal appearance so I can give you a GREAT BIG HUG for how much you've blessed our family!!!!! :D :D :D :D 8)

arstephia

Re: Carrie! You're coming to New England?!?

Post by arstephia » Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:14 pm

I have to admit I can't wait until conference time either so I can talk to Carrie again in person. :lol: I promise I am not a stalker but she is quite endearing and a blessing to meet. Makes the Heart of Dakota curriculum all the more meaningful to purchase! Besides, my daughter thinks I am so cool because I've met "Ms Carrie" like I have seen a celebrity or something. 8)
I've done all the guides now with at least one child and still feeling the HOD LOVE. LOL!
DD 9- Preparing
DD 13- Rev 2 Rev
DS 15- Geography

8arrows

Post by 8arrows » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:46 pm

That is so funny. My children are AMAZED that I have met Carrie and Julie in person. I think it makes the curriculum even more fun for them. In their eyes I have met definite celebrities!
Melissa, wife to Jim for 28 years
3 graduated, 2 using US 2, 8th grade dd using Missions to Marvels
Isaiah 40:11 ...He gently leads those that have young.

holyhart

Post by holyhart » Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:07 pm

I don't know if you've just heard me or not....but I just let out a great big SQUEEL!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D

I wasn't planning on going to the MA confrence only the NH one this year, but I see my plans will have to change! :D This is so exciting! I didn't think you would make it out here to the east coast as you live so far, but I am quite excited that you are! It will be so neat to thank you in person for such a wonderful curriculum. Is it going to be just you or both you and Julie? I would love to meet and thank you too Julie!
~Kelly~
wife of CB since 10/99
mother to:
~Evelyn Grace 5/03
~Joshua Ryan 11/05
~Lillian Rose 8/08
~Caleb Charles 8/10

holyhart

Post by holyhart » Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:51 am

This actually is Providential I believe!

I was looking over the guest speakers for the MA confrence and one of them is Diane Craft. I have recently been of the opinion that my oldest may have disgraphia. Many things that I thought were just things that she would grow out of, are becoming worse and more pronounced as she is getting older and has more expected of her instead of better, as I thought they would. Almost constant reversal of letters b, d, p,g, and q, or at least having to stop and concentrate to remember which direction the letter faces. Mostly starting letters r and n (possibly a few others as well) from the bottom. Confusing the words 'saw' and 'was'. Difficulty learning to tie shoes, pressing down hardly with her pencils and crayons, and many others of the "symptoms". Many of these things, I originally thought were attentiveness issues and have been working with her on that, but I am realizing she truly struggles with these and it's not a lack of attentiveness or diligence.

I listened to a live online homeschool confrence this week in which Diane spoke and was even more convienced of this!

So having HOD and Carrie (and Julie?) be there as well as Diane Craft is just a double blessing! And if I hadn't seen this post, I might not have checked out the MA confrence this year at all, wanting to stick a bit closser to home. God'+s hand is all over this!
~Kelly~
wife of CB since 10/99
mother to:
~Evelyn Grace 5/03
~Joshua Ryan 11/05
~Lillian Rose 8/08
~Caleb Charles 8/10

SouthernMrs

Post by SouthernMrs » Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:35 pm

Yes, I just saw this recently myself! I was so surprised!!! I hope we'll be able to attend. I haven't been to MassHope in a few years because I've been tracking Carrie down in cities where we can visit with our older sons along the way (and call it vacation!). :) We "thought" the closest we were going to get this year was Philly, PA. Glad to know she's actually coming to MA instead.
We've got a HOD trail of new homeschooling mommas that will love to see you there! I've told one, she's told one and so on and so on. You have a new following here in Rhode Island. :wink:
Hope to see you in April, Carrie!
Charlene
Charlene

Rev2Rev (8th gr. ds)
World History (11th gr. dd)
HOD Users since 2007