Starting Bigger tomorrow!

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
LeAnna

Starting Bigger tomorrow!

Post by LeAnna » Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:45 pm

We are officially done with Beyond now, and starting Bigger tomorrow! Can't wait to see all the goodies that it has for us! :D
I will be going half pace for at least the first 6 weeks, because I have two that will be using it and one of them in on the younger side. So, we will see how it goes. :D We will keep doing Spelling List 2... we are on our 23rd week, and then will move on to the dictation.
With one of my dd's we will be finishing up the emerging readers and the optional titles in Beyond... even venturing into some of the book ideas listed in the back for extra chapter book practice. We love those! And, really recommend reading those optional titles, even if just for fun!! We are also trying to really wait until dd starts 2nd grade, to do DITHOR... so those extra titles are wonderful!!
With my other dd, we will be starting DITHOR, so that should be fun! We are going to start off reading The Big Balloon Race and My Father's Dragon, as another option from the Book List. So many fun books to read!! Hard to choose them all! :D
Love my husband of 18 years this year;
Love my 3 teenagers--13, 15, and 16. They keep me young, but hanging on for dear life! :lol:
Used HOD in the earliest years with all three of them!

Kathleen

Re: Starting Bigger tomorrow!

Post by Kathleen » Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:40 pm

It'll be like the 1st day of school all over again!! :D Have fun with your girls LeAnna! We absolutely loved Bigger.

:D Kathleen
Homeschooling mom to 6:
Grant - 19 Kansas State University
Allison - 15 World Geography
Garret - 13 Res2Ref
Asa - 8 Bigger
Quinn - 7 Bigger

Halle - 4 LHTH

lmercon

Post by lmercon » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:46 am

Bigger is wonderful! I think you will love it.
Wife to a great guy and mommy to:
Ds(15) - using WG and loving it!
Dd(11) - using Res.to Ref and having a blast!
Ds (3) - our joy!
Two little ones in the arms of Jesus - I can't wait to hold you in Heaven!

pjdobro

Post by pjdobro » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:57 pm

You are going to have a great time! You are embarking on a wonderful journey. I have to say that My Father's Dragon was the book that really ignited my ds's love of reading, so I think it is an excellent choice. Enjoy! :D
Patty in NC

b/g twins '02 Rev2Rev 2014/15
previously enjoyed LHFHG, BLHFHG, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, RTR
Nisi Dominus Frusta (Without God, frustration)
Unless the LORD builds the house, its builders labor in vain. Psalm 127:1

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:28 pm

LeAnna,

I'm so excited for you! We are doing Bigger Hearts too right now (half-speed at the start for my third little guy as he needs to ease into things)! :D We're loving it and pray you will too. We just finished Phillis Wheatley. What an amazing biography! My son immediately took it up to his room to reread the day we finished it! :D We will enjoy sharing the Bigger Hearts journey along with you! :D

Blessings,
Carrie