Devotional for LHH

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
ajjande

Devotional for LHH

Post by ajjande » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:37 pm

Just starting some preschool w/my 4yr DD.
I have the Devotional, 'My ABC Bible Verses', to go along w/LHH...but I'm not sure where to begin :?:

On Unit 1, Day 3 in LHH, the Key Idea in the Devotional section is 'God created all things.' But the devotional doesn't really have anything on this subject...am I missing something?

thx,
April

daybreaking

Re: Devotional for LHH

Post by daybreaking » Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:09 pm

Hmmm, my Unit 1, Day 3 of LHTH says this for the Devotional Activity key idea: "Share a devotional focusing on character traits or memory work based on the letter ‘A’." The key idea for the same day's Bible story says: "God made people," which fits with the Bible reading assigned for the day.

Wife to one amazing husband and mother to two precious blessings from above:
ds21 & dd16

Samuel'sMommy

Post by Samuel'sMommy » Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:28 pm

In the original version of LHTH there were different devotionals scheduled that corresponded with the bible stories. One of them was Playtime Devotions and I don't remember the other one. Anyway, they are out of print so Carrie has subbed in different devotionals that correspond with the letter of the week instead.

I believe there may be an updated version of LHTH with the new devotionals scheduled in it. But I know when I used LHTH I had the original version and then a printout giving the alternate schedule for the new devotionals. So depending on which version you have, they may be a little different.

Does that make sense?
Stephanie
Wife to Adam for 25 years
Mom to Samuel (18 - freshman in college), Isaiah (8), and Judah (4) through the miracle of adoption
Using and loving LHTH & BLHFHG

Loved using LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, BHFHG, PHFHG, CTC, & RTR!

ajjande

Post by ajjande » Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:40 pm

Yes, the key idea for the Bible Story is 'God made people'.
Oh dear! I wonder if I got an older print of LHTH, because it doesn't reference ""Share a devotional focusing on character traits or memory work based on the letter ‘A’." " :oops:
Sounds like I just need to use the corresponding letter in 'My ABC Bible Verses' that is focused on for each week.

thx!
April

krismoose

Post by krismoose » Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:48 pm

Yup. Depending on which edition of LHTH you have, certain devotionals were used or out of print. When I bought mine, there was a downloadable update available with the schedule for My ABC Bible Verses. And you just go through the alphabet along with the other activities. Some weeks match well topically, and others, just the letter matches :wink: If you PM me your email address, I can send it to you. I don't know if there's a valid link anymore. Otherwise, just use the letter for the week, and on the "review week", review the 4 previous verses. HTH :)
Kristen
Loved LHTH & LHFHG :)
DS8 (2nd) WWE1, HOD dictation, Sequential Spelling, SM 2B, VP OT/AE & SOTW1 history, Song School Latin, Getting Started With Spanish
DD6 (K) Saxon Math 1, VP Phonics Museum K
DD3 cutting, gluing, more cutting :D

ajjande

Post by ajjande » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:12 pm

krismoose,

Just PM'd you, thx!

April