Using R&S level 2 grammer with Beyond?

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
TammyTE

Using R&S level 2 grammer with Beyond?

Post by TammyTE » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:13 pm

I am planning to do Beyond LHFHG with my 8yog. She reads well so we will also be doing DITHOR. I had planned on doing the R&S level 2 grammer for her. In looking at the pdf I don't see the grammer listed as an option. I do see it in the Bigger pdf.

I'm thinking it should be fine to just go at whatever pace we go. right?

Then when she does Bigger we will just do the next level of R&S. I am so unsure of myself sometimes! Please reassure me that all will be okay:)
~Tammy - Wife to One and Mama to Five

tnahid

Re: Using R&S level 2 grammer with Beyond?

Post by tnahid » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:29 am

I think whatever pace you go with the R&S would be fine! We use Beyond as well and it is a joy to use each day. I think you will find the ease of use a great benefit for you! Many people just do the R&S at this level orally instead of having the child write it all down. That is what we do.

Bless you as you begin...trust in the Lord and lean not on your own understanding...in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct your path.
Tina
ds 11 -- DITHOR 4/5 and other curriculum
ds 9 -- Preparing and DITHOR
dd 5 -- 1st grade variety of curriculum
Wife of a loving DH 12 years
starting our 4th year of home education, 3rd year of HOD and DITHOR, so blessed...what a journey!

daybreaking

Post by daybreaking » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:00 am

I'm doing Beyond with my 8yo ds, but substituting the LA and math from Bigger. (I went ahead and bought the BIgger guide, since I knew I'd be using it the next year.) It's been working really well for us. If we had just done Beyond's LA, it wouldn't have been enough for my ds. I love how HOD allows one to tailor the program to meet individual needs. R&S English 2 has been a perfect fit. It's funny ... I didn't know 8yo boys could get excited about nouns, verbs and pronouns, but my ds actually loves it! :) I think a lot has to do with the way R&S teaches. We do a mixture of oral and written and that seems to work well with my ds.

Wife to one amazing husband and mother to two precious blessings from above:
ds21 & dd16

John'smom

Post by John'smom » Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:26 am

I am doing Beyond with a 6 and 8 yr. old. For ds (8), we do on the level Math, DITHOR, and we did R & S English 2. We both really, really like it. We do a combination of oral and written. We do a 1/3 to 1/2 written, more like a 1/3 most of the time. I did up the Science for ds too, although he joins in on the Beyond Science and loves it. HTH!
Edwena
*Married to my best friend for 16 yrs
*Mom to ds (15), dd (13), dd #2(3)
*Combining my dc in WG (2017-2018)
*Completed and absolutely loved BLHFHG through MTMM

TammyTE

Post by TammyTE » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:42 am

Thank you!
~Tammy - Wife to One and Mama to Five