Bigger: Trying it out!!

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
LivinNandByHim

Bigger: Trying it out!!

Post by LivinNandByHim » Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:33 pm

OK, I confess, I was so eager to figure out what this is going to be like! After searching around online, I was able to more or less complete day one by finding *A First Book in American History", poem "Four by the Clock", the Bible verses, of course, the hymn, "Holy Holy Holy" and the corresponding pages in the Hymns for a Kids's Heart, a page from Cheerful Cursive, and the pages 6-7 from the Science: One Small Square: Seashore.
Oh, My Goodness!! I'm hooked from day one. I love the unit study / multi sensory / multi skill feel, and it is so fun. We already want to take a trip to the beach, my son has never been, and I never new all that about the tides! I would probably like to add one of the Draw Write Now books, as my son was very interested in that book when we looked at Preparing. He does like to draw, especially animals.
Even our Bible Study time was great. I acted out for the boys what it would be like to cry out for discernment and lift up my voice for understanding, and I really felt the Lord using me to show them what it is like to sincerely cry out to God for a need.(I tend to pray quietly or alone in my room.) One of them said, "That was really good". What he didn't know is that I felt like right then just going on to my prayer closet and keeping on with it.... :0)
My problem areas would be scheduling (and I know there are good threads to read about on this subject) and getting the children to stay focused rather than playing because they "feel too much at home". Rewards and disciplines, right?
I just want to give high praise for what is obviously a super endeavor and a great and godly curriculum!

my3sons

Re: Bigger: Trying it out!!

Post by my3sons » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:30 pm

Your words are so very uplifting - thank you for posting this! :D We are doing BHFHG right now, and I can reassure you that as you move through the guide, each day continues to be such a blessing. I'm so glad you have all of that to look forward to! :D

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

acts29stl

Post by acts29stl » Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:01 pm

We are doing BHFHG as well and have been extremely blessed by it! It only gets better as the routine sets in and time and time again the Lord has used the Bible study portion to challenge and convict me as well! :D Enjoy your time with school, your kiddos and the Lord :D

Blessings!
Psalm 27:4 "One thing I desire of the Lord, that will I seek; that I may behold the beauty of the Lord and meditate in His temple."
ds(13)& dd(12) MTMM, DITHOR
ds(10) CTC, DITHOR
ds(9) PHFHG, DITHOR
ds(7) LHFHG
dd(5) LHTH
dd(4) LHTH
dd(2)
dd(10-3-15)

John'smom

Post by John'smom » Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:27 am

So excited for you!!! Your post was very encouraging. :D
Edwena
*Married to my best friend for 16 yrs
*Mom to ds (15), dd (13), dd #2(3)
*Combining my dc in WG (2017-2018)
*Completed and absolutely loved BLHFHG through MTMM

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:18 pm

Thanks so much for sharing! :D We are doing Bigger Hearts right now too and are truly enjoying it with our third little guy. :D He has grown up so much since we began LHTH with him years ago.

Bigger Hearts has so much meat in it and so many important skills that it seems like my little guy is growing daily in so many areas. I am encouraged by your post today beyond measure! :D We pray that Bigger Hearts may be a blessing to you too. :D

Blessings,
Carrie