Pictures and comments needed for RTR Photobook

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
my3sons

Pictures and comments needed for RTR Photobook

Post by my3sons » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:35 am

The first book fair HOD is attending comes very early this year! :D It is March 3. Over the years, photobooks complete with comments and photos have been made for all of HOD's core programs. Pictures have also been used in a digital photoframe slideshow. We had SO MANY positive comments about these at book fairs! Families really felt it helped them be able to picture HOD in their own homes, as well as get a snapshot of different HOD guides. Thanks to all who helped last year, and in case you missed the photobooks, they can be seen online here:
http://heartofdakotasphotobooks.shutterfly.com/

It is now time to begin putting together an RTR photobook. Because the first book fair is so early, a smaller photobook will be made for this year for RTR, and then next year we will add more pictures to the RTR photobook. So, those of you using RTR now can participate in the photobook, and those of you using RTR next year can too! :D :D :D

Two things are needed: pictures and positive comments. Could you please email me pics of your dc doing your favorite HOD things from RTR? (projects, activities, whatever you think captures the joy of HOD). I'd like to have RTR well represented with pictures and positive comments, so send as many pics as your heart leads you to. Children's names are NOT included with pictures. You don't need to have comments for each picture, though you can label them (if it's easy to do) with a short phrase. I want to stress this is NOT necessary though - just the pictures are fine too. :D

Please include this information with your comments: your first name, city, and state, and up to 5 sentences telling why you love HOD

Please email the pictures and comments to both Carrie and me (so I am doubly sure to receive them, as my computer email has been known to be picky :wink: ):
rjgrosz@siouxvalley.net
carmikeaustin@msn.com

If you already have a blog with RTR pics on it, you can just email me your blog link and I can take them right off there.

If you are unsure how to email photos, and would rather share photos in an HOD post but are wondering how to upload them, just do the following:
1. Go to http://www.photobucket.com
2. Sign up for a free account.
3. Upload pics from your computer.
4. Check the boxes next to the pics you want to use.
5. At the bottom of the screen, click on "generate HTML and IMG codes"
6. Then copy the 4th. box labeled "IMG Images for Message Board"
7. Finally, paste them into your HOD post.
Then, I can take them directly from your post.

I'll be posting reminders off and on, but if pictures/comments could be sent by the end of January or the first week of February at the latest, that would allow me to finish the photobook in time for the first book fair. Thanks in advance for your help!

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

Carrie
Site Admin

Re: Pictures and comments needed for RTR Photobook

Post by Carrie » Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:21 pm

Thanks for posting this and putting together the photbook for RTR! :D I'll be excited to see it come together, as it give such a good peek inside what the guide has to offer and allows families to see what HOD would look like in their homes. :D We are thoroughly enjoying RTR this year and pray others will too! :D

Blessings,
Carrie

aprilmd

Post by aprilmd » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:10 am

Julie and Carrie,

These are the pictures we have taken so far. Hope they help you in some way. I have never used Photobucket so I hope it works.

In His service,
April

What in the World: My daughter has very much enjoyed listening to What in the
World. It is one of her highlights of the lesson. I have learned so much from it
too.

Volcano: The girls enjoyed watching the Lava flow down the mountain and then harden.

Shields: After my girls created their shields they wanted to have a coronation of
them being "Knighted".

Saladin: We must have laughed so hard as we created Saladin, "The Bottle Man".

King Lear: My daughters have really enjoyed the study of Shakespeare. The pages and
the pictures have added a lot to this study.

Hard tack: My girls enjoyed baking the hard tack, eating it was a different story.
How fun this was to experience, a little, what the men had to eat.

Today we enjoyed starting our African Mud cloth.

April - BHFHG, CTC, RTR, RevtoRev, MTMM, WG & now WORLD HIST
2014-2015
DD 16- World Hist, Chemistry, R&S Eng. 7, Saxon Adv Math
DD 15- World Hist, Bio, R&S Eng. 7, Saxon Adv Math
DD 13- MTMM/ext, finish R&S Eng. 6, Saxon Alg 1

twoxcell

Post by twoxcell » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:23 am

This is really neat. I wish you guys were coming to Oregon :D . I do not know anyone else locally who uses Heart of Dakota.
ds 12 RevtoRev
dd 9 Preparing
dd 7 Beyond
ds 5 Little Hearts
dd due September 20th

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:44 pm

THANKS SO MUCH, APRIL! :D I love these pictures, and I was able to copy them just fine for the photobook. Your daughters look like they are having every bit as much fun with RTR as my ds is having! I love the knighting, Saladin, the hardtack - well, all of them really. If you have more to share over the next month, I would use those too. So far only Patty and you have shared pictures. I am hoping there will be more. I know it takes time to do this, but it will bless many other moms. Not only will those at convention see the photobooks, they will also be online to be viewed through shutterfly. So, many, many moms will get a peek at HOD with your help! Thanks again. :D

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Sister to Carrie

Allison TX

Post by Allison TX » Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:32 pm

I will try and post some pictures too. I'm not at all technologically inclined :oops: , and have never before posted pictures, but I will try. :)

We are really enjoying RTR! :D

Allison

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:20 pm

April,

Thank you so much for the pictures of your darling girls! We will enjoy having these in the photobook as it really brings HOD to life for families who are trying to glimpse what RTR looks like in the day-to-day. :D

Blessings,
Carrie

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:21 pm

If any more of you wonderful ladies have pictures of RTR, or if you don't have pictures but would be willing to share a comment about RTR we'd be thrilled. :D It is so helpful for families to be able to glimpse HOD in action and see what it means to your family. :D

Blessings,
Carrie

abrightmom

Post by abrightmom » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:54 pm

twoxcell wrote:This is really neat. I wish you guys were coming to Oregon :D . I do not know anyone else locally who uses Heart of Dakota.
I live in Oregon (Portland area) and we're HOD newbies . . . I'm overhauling EVERYTHING in preparation for our big move to HOD. It's wild!! Anyhow, you're not alone in the Beaver State! :D
Katrina 8) Wife to Ben, husband extraordinaire! God is so good!
DS21, DS20, DD18
Levi DS14

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:19 am

Allison TX wrote:I will try and post some pictures too. I'm not at all technologically inclined :oops: , and have never before posted pictures, but I will try. :)

We are really enjoying RTR! :D

Allison
Thanks, Allison! That would be great! I can try to help with the technical side of it - I've had to muddle through that myself and would be glad to lend a hand however possible. :D

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Sister to Carrie

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:21 am

Just had this thought - for those who are not picture takers - you can just send me your comments about HOD! I love to put those in the photobook too. Even just 2-5 sentences about why you love HOD would be super! :D You can post them here or email me them at:
rjgrosz@siouxvalley.net

Thanks, ladies! :D

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Sister to Carrie