Do you rip out the workbook pages?

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Catherine

Do you rip out the workbook pages?

Post by Catherine » Sun Dec 26, 2010 5:53 pm

I can't decide if I want to rip them out or not. I think it's easier to write on the pages when they're ripped out, but at the same time it would be nice to be able to save her completed workbook at the end of the year. Any thoughts one way or the other? If you keep the pages in the workbooks, do your kids have an easy time writing in them? (This is for LHFHG by the way.)
~8 yr old DD
~6 yr old DD
~4 yr old DS
~2 yr old DS

mom24boys

Re: Do you rip out the workbook pages?

Post by mom24boys » Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:43 pm

We rip out the handwriting pages from A Reason For Handwriting so that they can write as nicely as possible. I don't rip out the Fine Motor Skills pages, they are not that difficult to write in. Carrie skips the handwriting portions (in K) so it's just circle or draw a line or cut and paste. Hope that helps. :)
Cyndi
dh of 18 years
ds15: WG
ds13: MTMM
ds11: CTC
ds9: Bigger

LeAnna

Post by LeAnna » Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:24 am

We rip out the handwriting sheets too, but leave the Rod and Staff workbooks.

LeAnna :D
Love my husband of 18 years this year;
Love my 3 teenagers--13, 15, and 16. They keep me young, but hanging on for dear life! :lol:
Used HOD in the earliest years with all three of them!

raceNzanesmom

Post by raceNzanesmom » Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:34 am

I think it depends on the book. We rip out the MUS pages, but not the Thinking Skills pages.
~Angie
Helpmeet to James for twenty six years
Mom to Race, 23- homeschool grad and Zane, 12- RTR

andi1234

Post by andi1234 » Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:01 pm

We ripped the handwriting ones out and put them in a 1/2" binder so they could write on them easier. We did not tear out the Rod and Staff books.

MomtoJGJE

Post by MomtoJGJE » Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:40 am

I rip the handwriting out occasionally, but that's it. And I really only ripped them out after they were done and were super proud of their work and wanted to hang it up.

moedertje

Post by moedertje » Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:00 pm

I agree with the other Mom's. I only rip out the pages in the Reason for Handwriting-K book, When I used the Dubay handwriting I left the pages in the book. I do not rip out the pages in the math book or the fine motor skills. :D
By the way: we love ARFH....My son is thrilled to do the pages and loves to color the animals!
Raising Arrows; Psalms 127:4
ds17, Class of 2020, now at IHOPU
ds 15, WH
dd 13, MTMM
In year 1 of homeschooling it all started with LHTH for us.

Catherine

Post by Catherine » Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:00 pm

Thanks ladies. I've decided to just rip out the handwriting pages and leave the rest intact. The other workbooks are really thin enough that they lay flat. :)

~Catherine
~8 yr old DD
~6 yr old DD
~4 yr old DS
~2 yr old DS