O/T - Author Card Game

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
ktwensel

O/T - Author Card Game

Post by ktwensel » Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:33 pm

I don't know if this is appropriate to post. If it is not, please delete it, as I would never want to do anything wrong.

We are doing Bigger and it is our first year with HOD. We are starting on Monday.

The first poem, Four by the Clock, written by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow struck a childhood memory for me.

I used to play the card game, Authors, with my grandma all the time. I did a quick Google search to see if the game was still available and it is, but I found a free download from Homeschool in The Woods that is very similar. My kids really like their President flashcards and I think they will like these just as well. It will help them become familiar with the names and works of various authors.

http://www.homeschoolinthewoods.com/HTT ... d_Game.pdf

Once again, if this is not allowed, please forgive me. I am truly sorry. :oops:
Karen
-----------------------
dd (10)
ds (8)