Please pray for my friend as she considers HOD!

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Tree House Academy

Please pray for my friend as she considers HOD!

Post by Tree House Academy » Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:30 pm

This friend has struggled for the last two years with her homeschooling. She has 3 beautiful children and has been using BJU mostly....and wanted to pull out her hair. She knows she needs a change, but she struggles to come to terms with the CM way. She asks me a lot of questions about HOD and I know that her children would just love it. She goes to my church and she is a wonderful spiritual lady. She is always willing to offer prayers for others and I would love if you all would pray for her as she makes these decisions. I know HOD would just touch her heart and help her and her dc so much. Thank you all. :mrgreen:
~Rebecca~

ds13(8th) - Rev to Rev w/ TT Pre-Algebra, R&S English 6, CLE Reading 8, Rosetta Stone French
ds9 (4th) - Preparing Hearts, TT Math 4, R&S English 3, CLE Reading 4, & Writeshop Jr.

We have completed LHFHG, BLHFHG, Bigger, CTC, & RTR.

mrskturner

Re: Please pray for my friend as she considers HOD!

Post by mrskturner » Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:42 pm

I will pray for your friend. Isn't it amazing how God can use HOD to truly bless our famlies. Carrie, do you realize what a huge blessing your curriculum is? Do you really realize it??? Thank you!!!
Kirsten
Aly - age 10 (dyslexia)- BHFHG w/ Apologia Zoology 2
Jackson - age 7 (mild dyslexia and adhd) - BHFHG w/ Apologia Zoology 2
Grayson - age 2 - LHTH

http://keyschristianacademy.blogspot.com/

Tree House Academy

Post by Tree House Academy » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:55 am

mrskturner wrote:I will pray for your friend. Isn't it amazing how God can use HOD to truly bless our famlies. Carrie, do you realize what a huge blessing your curriculum is? Do you really realize it??? Thank you!!!
Thank you! My friend sees me using this and sees how much more calm our lives are now. When I mention HOD, she is constantly telling me that she is "scared" because there is no testing. :( bless her heart, she has somehow gotten it in her mind via public school that taking a history test means you are learning history. I pray for God to lead her heart and her family in this. Knowing her faith and her beliefs, I know HOD would bless her so much. It would bless her kids so much! I just pray that she will come to the understanding that "testing" is not the only gauge of how a child learns and that the meat of HOD is plenty!
~Rebecca~

ds13(8th) - Rev to Rev w/ TT Pre-Algebra, R&S English 6, CLE Reading 8, Rosetta Stone French
ds9 (4th) - Preparing Hearts, TT Math 4, R&S English 3, CLE Reading 4, & Writeshop Jr.

We have completed LHFHG, BLHFHG, Bigger, CTC, & RTR.

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:14 pm

I'm praying for your dear friend as well! :D What a good friend you are!

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie