Magic Tree House Books???

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
LeAnna

Re: Magic Tree House Books???

Post by LeAnna » Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:37 pm

[quote="mrsrandolph"]The Bible also tells us undoubtedly to avoid any association with the occult, and that would include reading books that make it look harmless (ie Twilight).

When we place our minds on things above, and not on earthly things, what are we going to spend out time reading?

just something to think about.[/quote]

I have to agree with this. This is why we choose not to read books, like Harry Potter and Twilight. The Bible tells us to stay away from the occult and evil things. Fictional or not, black magic is not fictional... it's very real and dangerous. We are supposed to stay far away from it and not even dabble in it. We don't want to open up our children's curiousity by reading any books that would open the gateway to Satan's realm. There are so many more books out there that can fill our minds with things from Phil. 4:8.... "whatsoever things are true, honorable, right, pure, lovely, good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, think on these things."

Everyone has to choose what is best for them, but we have to be so careful about what seems harmless, may not be.
Love my husband of 18 years this year;
Love my 3 teenagers--13, 15, and 16. They keep me young, but hanging on for dear life! :lol:
Used HOD in the earliest years with all three of them!

Carrie
Site Admin

Re: Magic Tree House Books???

Post by Carrie » Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:51 pm

Ladies,

I think this has been a good discussion and is helpful as we each ponder the Lord's best for our family. However, since the Magic Tree House books are not a part of HOD's curriculum, I'm going to close this off-tropic thread at this point. :D

Blessings,
Carrie