CTC questions & behavioral issues

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Lynnw

Re: CTC questions & behavioral issues

Post by Lynnw » Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:23 am

4Hispraise wrote:Thank you all for your help and compassion! :D
The links were helpful, and I think I do need to be more patient!! :oops:

We had a great day today. Ds was on task, completed everything in record time :D :D and I think I figured out where we are losing time. I gave him a schedule and let him write down how much time everything was taking him. He was so diligent to do things that he (and I) was amazed by how quickly he NEATLY completed his work!!

Also, I considered the input about extensions. We are doing the Extensions, but just reading them together. I am not going to make him do the writing activities. We just discuss it afterward. He seems to be doing better with that. We will give it some time and see how it goes.
YAY! I was reading through the great advice you received and so glad to see your last post. I'm so glad you're having some victories and I pray that's a continuing trend!!
Married 19 years to Dh, Detective and Army Reservist: 1 tour in Iraq, 1 tour in Afghanistan
ds 12.5 (7th grade) RevtoRev
ds 9.5 (4th grade) Preparing

dd 8 (3rd grade) Beyond
ds 6 (K/1st grade) Beyond
dd 3