History/Regulations Question

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
daybreaking

History/Regulations Question

Post by daybreaking » Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:55 pm

From my state's homeschooling regulations: "The following courses shall be taught at least once during the first eight grades: United States history, New York State history, and the Constitutions of the United States and New York State." I know US History is taught in Beyond and Bigger, and I'm assuming I'll need to supplement with my own state study, but I was wondering if HOD touches upon the US Constitution? Thanks! :)

Wife to one amazing husband and mother to two precious blessings from above:
ds21 & dd16

Carrie
Site Admin

Re: History/Regulations Question

Post by Carrie » Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:01 pm

daybreaking,

We discuss the writing of the U.S. Constitution within Beyond and Bigger as it comes up in history but will get a much fuller view of it in the guide that comes after RTR. Since this guide is still being written I can't tell you the full extent of the coverage at this point in time, however it is definitely a part of this upcoming guide. :D

Blessings,
Carrie

daybreaking

Re: History/Regulations Question

Post by daybreaking » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:05 pm

Great! Thank you!!

Wife to one amazing husband and mother to two precious blessings from above:
ds21 & dd16