Please pray

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
blessedmomof4

Please pray

Post by blessedmomof4 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:51 pm

Well I am thankful to God for a wonderful first week of homeschool, and for the children drawing nearer to me and my husband. I am thankful we have each other. But the other day, a notice was posted to our front door. The lender could have us out of here in as little as 60 days. We truly have no where to go with our 4 kids. My husband had a hip replaced last October, which cost him two months work. The lender flatly refused any help way back then. We tried an advocate agency, but the lender refused their proposal for a restructure as of last week. DH has lost 20% of his income due to state budget cuts over the last year, and I left a job to stay home with the girls, convinced it was the right thing. I see the fruit of me being home with them, but...maybe if I had kept that job instead...but at what cost to the girls as they were growing apart from me and from each other in ps. I see them laughing together again, and being affectionate to me again.
DH has been passed over for promotion about 4 times, and has yet another interview next week. But we don't even know if the 5% increase he would get would even make a difference to the lender, if he got the position.
We have no options, no place to go, no money saved, no way to pay what we owe. If I got a job there would be no more homeschool. But if I don't, it looks like there could be no more home. But then, there just aren't any jobs around here anyway. I don't know how much more we can take, all this and a miscarriage besides.
Lourdes
Wife to Danforth
2 grads 9/19/92,7/8/95
2 in charter school 1/31/98, 9/19/99
3 in Heaven 8/11/06, 8/18/10, 9/13/13
Future HODie is here! 9/14/12

Tree House Academy

Re: Please pray

Post by Tree House Academy » Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:30 pm

I will be in prayer for you. When things seems hopeless, remember that God is in control. Seek Him daily.
~Rebecca~

ds13(8th) - Rev to Rev w/ TT Pre-Algebra, R&S English 6, CLE Reading 8, Rosetta Stone French
ds9 (4th) - Preparing Hearts, TT Math 4, R&S English 3, CLE Reading 4, & Writeshop Jr.

We have completed LHFHG, BLHFHG, Bigger, CTC, & RTR.

4Hispraise

Post by 4Hispraise » Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:52 pm

Dearest Lourdes,
My heart is aching for you. I just prayed for you, have been praying for your comfort after your heartbreak, and will continue for this new request. I want to encourage you to cling to God, as I am sure that you are. He is in the midst of this battle with you and for you. His love for you and your family is beyond anything you or I could think or imagine. I don't have the answers, but I have been in a similar situation. Last fall, after a miscarriage and with a broken heart, my dh' s employer cut him from 40+ hours to 20-24 - that is all he is still working. I thought I was going to break....in your words, I did not know how much more I could take. We are still struggling....but God has upheld our family through it all. So, I know that He can and I am crying out for you that He will provide for your EVERY NEED. May the Lord guard you with His peace, surround you with His presence and somehow (I wish that I knew how), meet your need according to His grace and mercy. I pray that He will give you and your husband wisdom and open doors for you and your family that no one can shut.

Shelly
Shelly- bride of 22 yrs. to My Hero
Mom to 2 treasures on earth, and 2 treasures in Heaven
DS - 16
DS - 7 Bigger Hearts For His Glory

mamanlait

Post by mamanlait » Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:56 pm

Lourdes,
God is working behind the scenes right now to bring you to the place He wants you. You must trust in Him that he will carry you through this trial and supply all your needs in the meantime.
In Prayer for your family,
Amy

dd9 Preparing
dd5.5 LHfHG
Currently:
dd 16 AH1 -bits & pieces (previously used Bigger, Preparing, CtC, RtR, Rev, MMtM, WG, WH)
dd 12 REV (previously used LHTH, LHfHG, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CtC, & RtR)

Heather4Him

Post by Heather4Him » Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:25 pm

SO sorry, Lourdes! Praying for you and your precious family.
Love in Christ,
Heather (WI)
~~~~~
16yog girl
DITHOR/CTC/RTR/Rev2Rev/MTMM

LeAnna

Post by LeAnna » Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:45 pm

Lourdes,

I will be in prayer for you family! Prayers that your husband will get a suffient promotion that will cover what you need to stay in your house... prayers that you will have peace in knowing that homeschooling your children is what God wants you to do. I sometimes struggle with this, as a second income would help us too. Prayers that you will have peace and comfort and that God will provide for ALL your needs!

LeAnna :D
Love my husband of 18 years this year;
Love my 3 teenagers--13, 15, and 16. They keep me young, but hanging on for dear life! :lol:
Used HOD in the earliest years with all three of them!

3xblessed

Post by 3xblessed » Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:16 pm

So sorry for all that you are faced with right now. We will be helping you pray!
Tiffany
Excited about 1st year with HOD.
HS'ing mom to:
DD (8) Bigger Hearts
DD (5) Little Hearts
DS (3) working on letters, shapes, etc

Marcee

Post by Marcee » Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:22 pm

I am praying for you! We have been in this situation as well- a year ago. God carried us through and I know he will do the same for you. My DH works in the financial industry. He recommends that you consider filing bankruptcy and wrap your house in it. That gives you at least 12 months to stay in your home. Yes, it will harm your credit, but far less if you foreclose. Hang in there-

mamayi

Post by mamayi » Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:49 pm

Joining everyone in prayer for your dear family.
May you know and feel the presence of God every moment.
May He give wisdom and opportunity to your husband.
May He give you grace and faith to trust Him.
May He give all of you peace that passes all understanding.
Blessings to you dear Sister.
Marine Wife for 14 years
Mother to
DS 07/02 Preparing
DD 04/04 Preparing
DD 07/06 LHFHG
DS 09/09 Playing
DD 05/12 Joining the party!

countrymom

Post by countrymom » Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:01 pm

I will be fervently praying for your family. The Lord does provide, but the hard times make it so difficult to trust in Him. Praying for peace for your family as you go through this trial.
Countrymom
Wife to J
Big J - LHFHG, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, R2R, Rev to Rev, Modern Missions, beginning parts of World Geography
Little J - LHTH, LHFHG, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, working in CTC

tnahid

Post by tnahid » Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:15 pm

Praying for you now...be strong in the Lord, be strong and very courageous. He is with you always...
Tina
ds 11 -- DITHOR 4/5 and other curriculum
ds 9 -- Preparing and DITHOR
dd 5 -- 1st grade variety of curriculum
Wife of a loving DH 12 years
starting our 4th year of home education, 3rd year of HOD and DITHOR, so blessed...what a journey!

GinainMD

Post by GinainMD » Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:48 am

Praying for you! During hard times remember that God alone is the source not a person or job. He can provide out of nothing, he has done it for myself and my family. One week prior to the birth of our fourth dd, my husbands new truck and 13,000 dollars worth of tools were stolen (he is a carpenter). During this time I really learned to rely on God and he gave us such a peace through it all. Praying the same for you.
Gina
married to dh 2000
dd 12/01 Bigger
dd 08/03 Bigger
dd 03/07 LHTH
dd 06/08 LHTH

holyhart

Post by holyhart » Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:46 am

Praying and just sent you a PM.
~Kelly~
wife of CB since 10/99