Good first day of school- Thanks

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
sted

Good first day of school- Thanks

Post by sted » Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:01 pm

I'd just like to say, thanks to HOD, we had a pretty smooth first day of school. This is our second year with HOD and my oldest started CTC, while my youngers are finishing up Beyond before moving into Bigger. We had a really rough June and July where I was on bedrest and then we lost our little boy at 20 weeks. It's been hard to get back into the groove but I think knowing the HOD program and having a routine from last year has helped immensely. Thanks Carrie for all the work you've put into the guides.
Shannon

P.S. One thing that really helped is giving the girls some review math sheets which were pretty easy but didn't overwhelm them on the first day which I have a habit of doing.
dd, age 14
dd, age 12
dd, age 10
ds, age 8
dd, age 5
dd, age 1

Lynnw

Re: Good first day of school- Thanks

Post by Lynnw » Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:27 pm

Shannon,
I am so sorry for your loss. I've had miscarriages, but never so late in the pregnancy as 20 weeks. I cannot imagine your grief. I pray God's comfort in your "mommy heart." I'm so glad your first day was a blessing. I hope each day of peace and joy brings more comfort. I do not have the grief that you do right now, but I sometimes feel a lot of stress since my dh is deployed and it is a relief to me to have HOD this year. It makes me wonder why I didn't stick with it last year.... but I wouldn't have appreciated it then... I still thought I could produce the school year I wanted on my own. Now it is a relief to lay down that burden because HOD has the kind of school year I want in their guides.

So, Carrie, thanks from me too, for all the work you've put into your guides. I think they will quite literally save our school year.
Married 19 years to Dh, Detective and Army Reservist: 1 tour in Iraq, 1 tour in Afghanistan
ds 12.5 (7th grade) RevtoRev
ds 9.5 (4th grade) Preparing

dd 8 (3rd grade) Beyond
ds 6 (K/1st grade) Beyond
dd 3

blessedmomof4

Post by blessedmomof4 » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:08 pm

Shannon, I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I just lost my little one August 18, at 17 weeks, after several weeks on bedrest. Feel free to pm me if you want. I also share your joy about the HOD guides-we had a very good first day as well. It helps a lot when the school day can go so smoothly :)
Lourdes
Wife to Danforth
2 grads 9/19/92,7/8/95
2 in charter school 1/31/98, 9/19/99
3 in Heaven 8/11/06, 8/18/10, 9/13/13
Future HODie is here! 9/14/12

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:14 pm

Shannon,

I am so sorry for your loss. I have also miscarried twice but never as late as you have experienced. I am lifting you up in prayer right now for the Lord to surround you with His loving arms and to comfort you as only He can.

I am grateful that you are having a good start to your HOD year and am praising the Lord for that blessing. :D

Blessings,
Carrie

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:18 pm

Shannon,

I have miscarried as well, but I was not that far along. It was still incredibly hard, and my heart hurts for you. May the Lord be ever near to you. I am so glad to hear your first day of school went well. I pray for many more good days ahead for you, Shannon, and I pray for a new kind of normal now too, as I found that comforting after my miscarriage.

Love in Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie