Setting up for Bigger and Little Hearts

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
cocomimilily

Setting up for Bigger and Little Hearts

Post by cocomimilily » Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:04 pm

Can anyone help me find a post that My3sons posted regarding how to set up for Bigger?? She had pics with instructions for getting ready for the year... I am starting in 3 days and would love to see her step-by-step set up of Bigger, but I can't find it.
Also, any suggestions for notebooks/binders or materials needed for Little Hearts? What about other art supplies to have on hand besides the ordinary crayons/glue/scissors??
Thanks so much!
Married to my best friend for 18 years and Mama to 4 precious blessings:
Chloe- 9
Camille-7
Lily-5
Micaiah-8 months
"He who eats Me shall live because of Me". Matt 6:57

my3sons

Re: Setting up for Bigger and Little Hearts

Post by my3sons » Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:10 pm

Here you go - have fun getting ready for a great year: :D
Pics of Getting ready to start Bigger Hearts:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5531

Supplies for BHFHG:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4257

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

jer2911mom

Re: Setting up for Bigger and Little Hearts

Post by jer2911mom » Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:46 pm

Hi, we are in our 5th week of Little Hearts and so far some of the things we've needed are construction paper (including gray, a hard to find color - we used light blue), flashlights (with working batteries!), masking tape, a lightweight scarf or tissue paper, aluminum foil, cotton balls, sequins or glitter, red crepe paper/streamer, 10 plastic cups, paper plates, blank index cards, glue sticks, a blindfold, a magnifying glass, spices, and brown lunch bags. We've used a laundry basket for one of the bible verse games we've done several times. Looks like this week we need honey, nonfat dry milk, peanut butter, and wax paper. Hope that helps!

Kathy

ETA: I forgot to mention we have a binder for me (for my lesson plans, calendar, course of study, homeschool umbrella school paperwork, etc.) and a Mead Flex binder for my daughter. We keep her work in the binder (separated by tabs). I also bought a tub and an expandable folder for her artwork since it doesn't fit well in the binder.