May I ask for prayers?

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Tree House Academy

May I ask for prayers?

Post by Tree House Academy » Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:20 am

I don't want to go into all that is going on - but I am having some medical type issues and I am getting really discouraged. On top of my worries, I developed bronchitis during a trip to Alabama (doctor thinks the change in climate triggered my allergies and bronchitis resulted), which I have not had since I was about 19 and a smoker (I quit when I realized I was pg with my oldest son and never went back to it!) So please, if you are so inclined, I could use the lifting up today. Thank you all so much - this board is a source of great postives for me. I appreciate knowing each and every one of you!
~Rebecca~

ds13(8th) - Rev to Rev w/ TT Pre-Algebra, R&S English 6, CLE Reading 8, Rosetta Stone French
ds9 (4th) - Preparing Hearts, TT Math 4, R&S English 3, CLE Reading 4, & Writeshop Jr.

We have completed LHFHG, BLHFHG, Bigger, CTC, & RTR.

christyg

Re: May I ask for prayers?

Post by christyg » Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:50 am

Rebecca,
Praying for you......................

Christy :D

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:22 pm

I'm praying for you, Rebecca!
Love in Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

happy@home

Post by happy@home » Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:25 pm

Praying for you, Rebecca!
Happy@home
ds(10/02) dd(3/04) BHFHG
We have completed: LHFHG & BLHFHG

"For thou art my rock and my fortress; therefore for thy name's sake lead me and guide me."

water2wine

Post by water2wine » Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:27 pm

Rebecca I am praying for you! Health issues are really something that bring us to our knees to Him. It can be very hard especially if you are trying to figure out what is going on with your health. Rest in Him! I am praying for wisdom, healing and that He will take care of all your needs. Remember He is good at all times. I remind myself of this often. :D
All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children. Isaiah 54:13
~Six lovies from God~4 by blessing of adoption
-MTMM (HS), Rev to Rev, CTC, DITHR
We LOVED LHFHG/Beyond/Bigger/Preparing/CTC/RTR/Rev to Rev (HS)

gotpeace91

Post by gotpeace91 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:37 pm

Just prayed for you Rebecca!! :)
~Leah
Wife to the Man I Love since 1994
DS 15 Missions to Modern Marvels
DD 14 Resurrection to Reformation

8arrows

Post by 8arrows » Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:27 pm

Just prayed.
Melissa, wife to Jim for 28 years
3 graduated, 2 using US 2, 8th grade dd using Missions to Marvels
Isaiah 40:11 ...He gently leads those that have young.

jenntracy

Post by jenntracy » Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:19 pm

Praying you heal quickly and are encouraged not discouraged. He can give you strength to endure. :)
Mom to 4 Blessings
DS 14.5 yrs World Geography
DD 13 yrs MTMM
DD 10 yrs CTC
DS 7 yrs Bigger

Heather4Him

Post by Heather4Him » Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:02 pm

Praying for you, Rebecca. I can TOTALLY relate, as I am still struggling with bronchitis for 3-1/2 weeks now, and not getting any better. I'm also being tested for underlying asthma and have been put on an inhaler. Like you, I'm getting really discouraged. SO, I'll be thinking about you a lot! And praying!! :) Hope you feel better very soon!
Love in Christ,
Heather (WI)
~~~~~
16yog girl
DITHOR/CTC/RTR/Rev2Rev/MTMM

Marcee

Post by Marcee » Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:50 pm

I'm Praying:)

Tree House Academy

Post by Tree House Academy » Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:08 pm

Thank you all for the prayers. I feel them! My bronchitis seems to be getting some better. My other issue is on hold for now. It is just that my mind gets me all worked up with "what ifs" and I am unable sometimes to figure out what makes sense and what doesn't when it comes to my health. I have OCD that manifests as hypochondria. It is no fun at all to live with. :(

Heather, I will be praying that your illness starts to go away soon! 3.5 weeks is WAY too long to be sick!!
~Rebecca~

ds13(8th) - Rev to Rev w/ TT Pre-Algebra, R&S English 6, CLE Reading 8, Rosetta Stone French
ds9 (4th) - Preparing Hearts, TT Math 4, R&S English 3, CLE Reading 4, & Writeshop Jr.

We have completed LHFHG, BLHFHG, Bigger, CTC, & RTR.