Review of HOD at Cathy Duffy's site

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
ShariCA

Review of HOD at Cathy Duffy's site

Post by ShariCA » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:33 pm

It's a good review, of course. :D

She has all the programs listed, but at the bottom where they give pricing, it's showing Amazon pricing at $75 just for they guides! :shock: I know this is incorrect and the Heart of Dakota is a sole source provider now, so I thought I would bring this to Carrie and Mike's attention. Maybe they can contact her and she can add something to her review page. This is such a wonderful program and would hate for people to think it was that expensive and hard to get.

twoxcell

Re: Review of HOD at Cathy Duffy's site

Post by twoxcell » Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:19 am

It is not available through amazon, just amazon marketplace. Those are the prices that individual sellers are listing it at. It is a shame that people try to sell things for more than the new price.
ds 12 RevtoRev
dd 9 Preparing
dd 7 Beyond
ds 5 Little Hearts
dd due September 20th

eazbnsmom

Post by eazbnsmom » Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:34 am

Shari,

Cathy Duffy uses the Amazon's affiliate program on her sites for all her reviews. This enables her to keep the site free and earn some money through the clicks or purchases from Amazon. She mentions in the last paragraph of the review that all these are available from Heart of Dakota and at the bottom are the curriculum products that are available at Amazon. If Amazon doesn't sell it (such as the case of HOD) then it shows, as the previous poster has mentioned, the Amazon marketplace (similar to buy it now on ebay) where individual sellers are selling books and set their own prices. Yes the prices are sometimes ridiculous. I also agree that it does look like that is HOD pricing - but the link does say Amazon Marketplace.

I hope this helps to explain further why it has amazon listed.

I am glad to see that Cathy Duffy has an updated and more complete review on HOD!
Kay in PA

Mom to dd12, dd11, ds9, ds7 & ds3 1/2

BHFHG with dss 7&9 and dd11

ShariCA

Post by ShariCA » Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:21 pm

Ok, the sponsor link makes sense. Thanks for clarifying.

lovedtodeath

Post by lovedtodeath » Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:21 pm

Well I don't think $75 is a bad price for all that is included, but I am thankful that the guides are more affordable. :mrgreen:
Carmen, teaching Jake 3 and Emily 8
Third grade coming up:
HOD Bigger, Phonics Road 2, Math Mammoth.
http://www.thephonicspage.org/index.html