My son cried today!!

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
DHT1999

My son cried today!!

Post by DHT1999 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:27 am

We finished Little Hearts today. I know most of you are starting your new year, but we have been doing school through the summer and won't start Beyond until the first of September. We officially finished Little Hearts this morning. When we came to the last page or so of History for Little Pilgrims, my son started crying! He kept saying, " Oh, no... it's over. Oh, no... it's over." It was the sweetest, tenderest moment ever. I assured him that he will love his books for Beyond Little Hearts. I can't believe how much he has grown this year. His heart is so tender towards God. He has started reading his Bible (the actual Bible!!) on his own, in his freetime. When we started Little Hearts, he hated school. Hated it. I have shared about that many times before here on the board. But, now he likes school again. He feels confident in his skills. His handwriting is lovely (we used Italics). His attitude has totally turned around in regards to school.

Well, just wanted to share. We have had lots of sweet moments while doing Little Hearts but today was a very precious ending.
2011-2012: Creation to Christ & Bigger Hearts

"He maketh the barren woman to keep house and to be a joyful mother of children." - Psalm 113:9

daybreaking

Re: My son cried today!!

Post by daybreaking » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:41 am

I cried when I read this. How absolutely precious! I'm hoping for some of these moments in our upcoming year. :)

Wife to one amazing husband and mother to two precious blessings from above:
ds21 & dd16

deltagal

Post by deltagal » Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:49 pm

Oh my what an absolutely touching story. Thank you for sharing
With Joy!
Florence

My blog: http://florencebrooks.com/

Began HOD 1/2009
Currently using: Bigger, RTR, Rev to Rev and MTMM

countrymom

Post by countrymom » Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:09 pm

How touching. I am happy for you and your son. We were sad when we finished Little Hearts also.
Countrymom
Wife to J
Big J - LHFHG, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, R2R, Rev to Rev, Modern Missions, beginning parts of World Geography
Little J - LHTH, LHFHG, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, working in CTC

kiloyd

Post by kiloyd » Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:36 pm

that is so sweet! We are about to start LHFHG
Katherine
ds 9, Preparing
dd just turned 6, LHFHG
dd 3
and 15 mo old 3 days a week

shaffer96

Post by shaffer96 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:19 pm

That made me tear up too! How sweet! We are going to start LHFHG on August 23rd and I hope my dd likes it just as much!
DD 8 - BHFHG
DS 5 1/2 - LHFHG
DS 4 - Enjoying preschool toys and workbooks.