FYI: CTC watercolor art supplies

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Michelle

FYI: CTC watercolor art supplies

Post by Michelle » Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:21 pm

Hi!
I have been reading in the post about the CTC art supplies and just wanted to share something. I went to the "miller pads and paper" website and after calling the local craft store, figured it was the best deal to just order from them since I live in WI and the shipping is cheaper. In looking, I found that the flat brushes are on sale for $2.00 and the palette for $2.50. At least I believe they are on sale, since the prices are in red and are less than the stated prices in the item description. So, just an fyi to those of us in need of the supplies!

Also, I ordered the 4 needed brushes, 3 packs of the #120 paper, the pallette, and the Niji 18 color tubes of paint all for $31.00 plus shipping. They are contacting me to let me know the shipping, probably tomorrow, if anyone is interested. Not too bad they say since it qualifies for SPEEDEE shipping. :)

Just an fyi!
Michelle :D
12 yo ds using R to R for 6th grade!
8 yo dd using BHFHG for 3rd grade!

StillJulie

Re: FYI: CTC watercolor art supplies

Post by StillJulie » Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:47 pm

I was pleasantly surprised to learn that I live within easy driving distance to Miller Pads and Paper. In fact, it will be on the way when we take our annual "crop scouting" family trip this summer. We check my husband's fields and then eat ice cream at A&W in Boscobel... same town as Miller Pads and Paper! HOORAY!!!

So, I'm doing a search on "Miller pads and paper" on this forum to see if I can get a list together of what to purchase. I'll be buying the CTC watercolor supplies for sure, and then I'll also have children in Bigger, Beyond, and Little Hearts...
16yo DD using US History 1 for 11th grade
14yo DS using World Geography for 9th grade
13yo DS using Rev to Rev for 7th grade
10yo DD using Creation to Christ for 5th grade
8yo DD using Bigger for 3rd grade
7yo DD using Beyond Hearts for 2nd grade