Are there supply lists somewhere for CTC and Beyond?

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
mothergooseofthree

Are there supply lists somewhere for CTC and Beyond?

Post by mothergooseofthree » Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:34 pm

I remember someone posting links to a list of supplies in the past. Does anyone have a link for lists of all supplies needed in these two guides?

Thanks!

my3sons

Re: Are there supply lists somewhere for CTC and Beyond?

Post by my3sons » Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:24 am

There are not supply lists, as they tend to be confusing for using HOD. Many subsitutions are suggested in each box. For example, we didn't have bean bags, so a rolled up pair of socks was suggested. I would have gone out and bought bean bags had I seen that on a "supply list", when socks would have done fine. Same for food items. Raisins, chocolate chips, or cheerios may be suggested, but if strangely I have none of those, I can see where the suggestions are headed and sub in something else like Kix cereal. I do always read the Introduction to the guide and gather special things (i.e. binders, index cards, recipe box with tabs, etc.) at the start of a guide, and for CTC I ordered my paint supplies from Miller Pads and Paper. I pretty much just pick up the guides and teach each week, and have very rarely not had the items on hand. Skimming the science experiment and history project boxes the week prior to teaching is sometimes helpful, but usually not necessary. HTH! We just finished CTC and Beyond last year. You have a lot of enjoyable days ahead!

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

birchbark

Post by birchbark » Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:01 am

I am doing CTC this year and was just doing searches for a supply/materials list. So am I correct in understanding that the items we definitely will need for the year are in the introduction?
Married to a wonderful man since 1995
DS
DS
DD
DS

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:14 pm

mothergooseofthree,

I'll link you to my response to a similar question in the thread below: :D
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6608#p48163

We pray that you will enjoy CTC as much as we did when we used it this past year with one of our own sons! :D

Blessings,
Carrie