Just had to share!

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
GinainMD

Just had to share!

Post by GinainMD » Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:42 am

Hello to all! I just wanted to share something my 3yod said this week. We have been working through LHTH at half speed since March when she turned 3. I decided since our church was having VBS this week that we would take the week off, from LHTH, thinking it would be too much. Well, my 3 year old happened to see me perusing the TG and said "I wanna do school, lets do school!" (repeat 20x). Needless to say, I gave in. When we were finished I asked what she has learned so far in LHTH and she said, "God is Great!" It still brings tears to my eyes when I think of her answer because after all that is the most important thing that we can impart to our dc. Thank you Carrie and all of the HOD staff for guiding me in guiding my dc. I feel so blessed.
Gina
married to dh 2000
dd 12/01 Bigger
dd 08/03 Bigger
dd 03/07 LHTH
dd 06/08 LHTH

gotpeace91

Re: Just had to share!

Post by gotpeace91 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:33 am

Wow, that is so awesome! Goosebumps :)
~Leah
Wife to the Man I Love since 1994
DS 15 Missions to Modern Marvels
DD 14 Resurrection to Reformation

momtofive

Post by momtofive » Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:24 am

I'm so glad you shared! Aren't those moments wonderful? You know you're doing what God wants when you see your little ones respond this way! :D Thanks so much for sharing your little blessing with us all! What an encouragement! :D

In Christ,

Lisa

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:39 pm

That's pretty exciting, Gina! :D Our dc pick up on our attitudes, and I bet seeing you joyfully paging through LHTH made her want to do it all the more. If we all just kept the thought "God is great!" front and center in our minds each day, wouldn't we all be more like Jesus? How neat your dd already has that figured out... like the faith of a child... a good reminder to us all. :D Thanks for being a good example to your dd, and for sharing this encouragement with us here today! :)

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

daybreaking

Post by daybreaking » Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:37 pm

We're doing LHTH with our 3 year old, too. A few evenings ago, when I was at the kitchen table, persuing the Bigger Hearts manual, my little girl entered the room. When she saw the BIgger manual, her eyes lit up and I could see her thinking. She then ran to our other table, grabbed her LHTH manual and came running to me. I was planning on waiting until mid-August to resume LHTH, but needless to say, I stopped what I was doing and we did some LHTH activities, delighting her to no end! :D

Wife to one amazing husband and mother to two precious blessings from above:
ds21 & dd17

acts29stl

Post by acts29stl » Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:08 pm

That's so sweet! Better than reciting the whole alphabet :D
Psalm 27:4 "One thing I desire of the Lord, that will I seek; that I may behold the beauty of the Lord and meditate in His temple."
ds(13)& dd(12) MTMM, DITHOR
ds(10) CTC, DITHOR
ds(9) PHFHG, DITHOR
ds(7) LHFHG
dd(5) LHTH
dd(4) LHTH
dd(2)
dd(10-3-15)

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:27 pm

Oh, ladies! Your sweet little ones' enthusiasm for the Lord and love for "school" blesses me beyond measure! :D I pray that the Lord will continue to spread joy in the lives of your sweet kiddos and draw them ever nearer to Him!

Thanks for sharing! You made my night! :D

Blessings,
Carrie