Julie's Mom Devotion book

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
smithdonnajo

Julie's Mom Devotion book

Post by smithdonnajo » Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:12 pm

I'm looking for any info on Julie's book, God's Hand in Life's Little Moments. I'd like to hear from those of you who have used it. It looks really good.

Thanks!
Donna Jo

mommadonna

Re: Julie's Mom Devotion book

Post by mommadonna » Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:31 pm

did you see that it has its own folder on the board index? I haven't read those posts yet, but I am sure there is some useful information there. HTH
Donna
ds7 Beyond
dd4 listening in, consuming workbooks, TRL and some of LHFHG
ds2 making us all laugh and eating erasers

Allison TX

Post by Allison TX » Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:39 pm

I loved this devotional book! :) It was wonderful. Everything in it was so applicable to my life. :) I highly recommend it, and really wish she would write a sequel. :)

Allison

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:04 pm

Oh, thank you Alison! :D And thank you Donna Jo for your interest. :D Here is a thread about GHILLM in case it would help answer some questions you may have:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2198&p=17155

I am halfway done with another devotional book. My inspiration is Proverbs! It will have optional coordinating music, and I am hoping to finish writing it within the year. It is drawing me so close to God. I have decided to work on it when my dh is out of town for business, and as he is often gone, the pace is picking up. :) Sometimes I look at the clock and it is midnight, and I don't know where the time has gone. God is so good! He has given me much inspiration for writing. This book will be different than GHILLM in structure, but will hopefully still strike a chord and draw you closer to the Lord as it does. :)

Love in Christ,
Julie
Last edited by my3sons on Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

Mommamo

Post by Mommamo » Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:56 pm

Oh Julie I'm so glad you're working on another one! I loved reading GHILLM! I read it back when we started LHFHG which was 2 years ago now! I want to read it again now that it's been mentioned again. :lol: It really helped me to focus my day and I loved the format. I'll be praying for you as you write this new one!
Momma to my 4 sweeties:
DD 14 - MTMM and DITHOR (completed LHFHG, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, took a couple years off, and now she's back!)
DS 11 and DD 9 - Preparing(completed 2 rounds of LHTH, LHFHG, Beyond, and Bigger)
DD 6 - LHFHG

Allison TX

Post by Allison TX » Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:17 pm

Julie, I'm so excited that you are writing a new book! I am very much looking forward to it. :D Praying for you as you finish writing. :)

Allison

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:25 pm

Woo-hoo!! :D I'm so glad that you'll be blessing us with another devotional, Julie. Studying Proverbs with you sounds wonderful!!

Donna - I really enjoyed Julie's 1st devotional. It is written so that there is a focus every week - like attitude, character, stress & pressure, etc. Every day Julie shares a personal story (LOVED these & her wisdom & humor! :D ), a connection from scripture, some application thoughts/questions, and a thought for prayer and a song that connects to the theme. Each week the devotionals focus on the topic from the perspective of our roles as a Christian woman, wife, mother & teacher.

I was actually thinking about pulling it back out as we start our school year since I enjoyed it so much 2 years ago. :D

:D Kathleen
Homeschooling mom to 6:
Grant - 19 Kansas State University
Allison - 15 World Geography
Garret - 13 Res2Ref
Asa - 8 Bigger
Quinn - 7 Bigger

Halle - 4 LHTH

smithdonnajo

Post by smithdonnajo » Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:30 pm

So glad to hear all the good info from all of you about Julie's book! I'm going to get it. I'm going through a difficult time right now, it's something we southern women call "THE CHANGE". :oops: (I'll be glad when this change is done!! :lol: I'm trying to have a sense of humor about it.) I know this devotion is not specifically for THAT, but I think it will help me anyway, because the out-of-whack hormones seems to be causing me extreme stress issues over everyday things. So, I'm going to get the book.
Donna Jo

tnahid

Post by tnahid » Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:20 am

I am currently reading it each morning and am really being blessed by it as well! Thank you Julie. I didn't know that was you who was posting things here! Thank you so much! Great! :D
Tina
ds 11 -- DITHOR 4/5 and other curriculum
ds 9 -- Preparing and DITHOR
dd 5 -- 1st grade variety of curriculum
Wife of a loving DH 12 years
starting our 4th year of home education, 3rd year of HOD and DITHOR, so blessed...what a journey!

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:08 pm

Thanks ladies, you are an encouragement to me today! :D

Love in Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

ninipelley

Post by ninipelley » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:36 pm

I was considering purchasing it as well, so thanks for the input!
It does look very good!
2011-2012 plan
9.5 yr dd Preparing
7 yr ds finishing LHFHG
4 yr dd learning letters
almost 3yr dd tagging along

threegreatkids

Post by threegreatkids » Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:40 pm

I loved reading this book myself, but I wanted to share another blessing!

My oldest dd responds really well to stories, so often when dh and I speak to her about things we tell stories from our own childhood/lives. But sometimes we come up blank.

On several occasions this year I remembered a story from GHILLM, and told it to dd or found it in the book and we read it (and the scripture) together. She loved it!!!

For example, during a struggle with fear we read about the tornado in the bean field. When talking about treating people with kindness we read about Carrie as a young teen reaching out to the girl in her Sunday School class. These are wonderful, true, heartfelt stories that my sweet dd really identified with, and that brought her closer to the Lord.

Thanks for writing this, Julie. Hope you keep writing more :D
Mom of three great kids
7th grade dd, 6th grade dd, 4nd grade ds