What we do with our bible verses.

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
netpea

What we do with our bible verses.

Post by netpea » Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:45 am

I just thought I'd share what John likes to do with the bible verses he copies. We started using the Reason for Handwriting program when we did LHFHG. We've continued on with it and John loves to copy his verses onto the border pages they use and then color them. If you are not using this program, you can buy a book of their border pages for copying your own memory verses. Coloring the page is his reward for doing the work. :D

Anyway, we sponsor a child through Compassion International who shares John's birthdate. Being the same age, John feels a connection to Ta and likes to send him his memory verses. He works harder on them knowing that Ta will get them.

I know others probably share their memory verses too, I would love to hear what you are doing with them too.

beandip71

Post by beandip71 » Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:30 am

Thanks for sharing your idea. We are also using A Reason for Handwriting for K this year. I plan to continue to use it for 1st, so I will use your suggestion next year.

This year I have my dd say her verse for Daddy or Grandma at the end of the week. It helps our family know what she is learning in school.

Gina

6timeboymom

Post by 6timeboymom » Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:12 pm

Those border sheets are so much fun!!
We've started notebooking; I love that to keep track of all the misc. paper we create. I found a lot of stationary sheets, etc online that we just print off and use for all kinds of things!
Darci
mom to 6 great boys-"they've got me surrounded!!"
using: as much HOD as possible! :wink:

Melanie

Post by Melanie » Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:54 pm

What a great idea! We aren't to that point yet, being able to copy the verse from LHFHG, but I will have to remember this for next year. We use HWT, but I may have to get those border pages! :wink:

We use the memory box system from the simplycharlottemason website. We are adding to the memory verses we learned last year. We also add poetry, books of the Bible, or anything else we are memorizing. Good brain exercise! :D

I love hearing everyone's ideas, let's keep on sharing!

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Sun Oct 14, 2007 2:12 pm

Neat idea, Lee Ann! I'll have to remember that. My oldest son would love to do that! We started hi-lighting all the Bible verses our sons have memorized doing Heart of Dakota's curriculum in their Bibles. It's great to see the number of verses growing. My sons also love it when our pastor happens to choose one of their verses to base his sermons upon.
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie