Thoughts on children and guides

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
lisaha

Thoughts on children and guides

Post by lisaha » Thu May 20, 2010 7:43 pm

With the older guides they teach more independant work. I'm wondering if as the oldest child gets up to the upper grades and they get more independant, then with adding 2 and 3 guides to meet 2 children in each guide we do, would it not add much time since the older ones would be more independant? Did that make sence??? LOL!

4froggies

Re: Thoughts on children and guides

Post by 4froggies » Fri May 21, 2010 4:39 am

Yes, that is correct, and part of the beauty of the HOD guides! :D As the olders are getting more independent and responsible for their own assignments, it frees you up to work with your youngers. I have found this to be the case this year doing CTC and LHFHG. In the fall we start RTR, Beyond and now LHTH, and I know it will be very managable. I love that in the older guides, kids are learning to be more independent, yet are still scheduled to have that precious one on one time with mom for storytime, character discussions, bible, etc. HTH!
Beth

Mom to 5 great kiddos (15,11,8,5,2) and one due in October!