Has anyone used books from the extension as storytime books

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
lovedtodeath

Re: Has anyone used books from the extension as storytime books

Post by lovedtodeath » Fri May 21, 2010 8:08 pm

Thanks Carrie. I have been leaning toward using fewer of the extension books and more of the storytime books, but of the storytime books that fit in with American History, I want them in chronological order. :roll: Tee hee.

We are reading Boys and Girls of Colonial Days now and I plan to get some of the storytime books from Beyond and Bigger to read before we start the other portions of the guide in January. :)
Carmen, teaching Jake 3 and Emily 8
Third grade coming up:
HOD Bigger, Phonics Road 2, Math Mammoth.
http://www.thephonicspage.org/index.html

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Sat May 22, 2010 1:25 pm

Allison,

I'm so glad that my response was helpful! We ponder so much about each part of the guide and its specific purpose for guiding kiddos in learning the skills needed to be well-prepared for whatever God would have for them to do. We pray we fulfill His purpose! :D

Blessings,
Carrie

lovedtodeath

Post by lovedtodeath » Mon May 31, 2010 10:10 am

I have been reading these boards and Carrie's thoughts and I can really see the wisdom in sticking to the Story time to get the benefit of a Charlotte Mason education... small amounts of reading that you really get a lot out of... so I have reduced our book list in order to follow the storytime schedule. Thank you!

I noticed that this thread was accidentally deleted altogether, but I somehow still have it in my control panel, so now everyone who was wondering can benefit! :P
Carmen, teaching Jake 3 and Emily 8
Third grade coming up:
HOD Bigger, Phonics Road 2, Math Mammoth.
http://www.thephonicspage.org/index.html

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:47 pm

Oh, Carmen! I'm so glad that you've found the thread back again. :D Thanks for reposting it. I'm happy you'll get a chance to use and enjoy the Storytime books too, as they are wonderful read-alouds that we pray you'll enjoy. I know we have with our boys. :D

Blessings,
Carrie