Prayer Request...

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
LeAnna

Prayer Request...

Post by LeAnna » Mon May 10, 2010 1:57 pm

Hi ladies,

Just wanted to see if you sweet ladies would join in prayer for our family. Last month my mother in law passed away and we had to take some time off work, to go back to where we just moved from in Jan. The company that my husband works for, was very sympathetic and agreed to let him have the time off. So, we were gone 4 weeks, because the doctor gave his mom 1-3 weeks. However, he didn't have vacation, which put a crimp on things a little. But, the Lord was good and provided for us during that time. When we returned to work, the following week, however, he was told that they company is going downhill and this Friday, the 14th, would be his last day. So it's been a bit rough, trying to catch up on things from our trip and then to be told that he only has two weeks left of work. We know that God is in control, and believe he has something better for us, but we are waiting to see what that is, and trying to not worry about it, and leave it in His hands. My husband would like to go back to school, for some sort of ministry, so we are praying for a job that would meet our financial needs, and a job that would allow him to go to school. Praying for His direction! :D

God bless you!
LeAnna :D
Love my husband of 18 years this year;
Love my 3 teenagers--13, 15, and 16. They keep me young, but hanging on for dear life! :lol:
Used HOD in the earliest years with all three of them!

Kathleen

Re: Prayer Request...

Post by Kathleen » Mon May 10, 2010 2:07 pm

Praying for you LeAnna!! So sorry to hear about Brandon's mom, too.

:D Kathleen
Homeschooling mom to 6:
Grant - 19 Kansas State University
Allison - 15 World Geography
Garret - 13 Res2Ref
Asa - 8 Bigger
Quinn - 7 Bigger

Halle - 4 LHTH

momof4girls

Post by momof4girls » Mon May 10, 2010 9:53 pm

I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers!!
Stacey
Married to my sweet DH (Kelly) for 15 yrs!
Blessed with 4 beautiful girls!
Klaryssa 11 (CTC & DITHOR fall 2010)
Savannah 8 (BHFHG & DITHOR fall 2010)
Victoria 5 (TRL and LHFHG fall 2010)
Isabella 3 (trying to keep up!)

Samuel'sMommy

Post by Samuel'sMommy » Tue May 11, 2010 12:52 pm

I just prayed for you and your family.
Stephanie
Wife to Adam for 25 years
Mom to Samuel (18 - freshman in college), Isaiah (8), and Judah (4) through the miracle of adoption
Using and loving LHTH & BLHFHG

Loved using LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, BHFHG, PHFHG, CTC, & RTR!

water2wine

Post by water2wine » Tue May 11, 2010 4:03 pm

Oh LeAnna I am so sorry. I am praying for your family for comfort, for the Lord to provide and for employment. I am so very sorry.
All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children. Isaiah 54:13
~Six lovies from God~4 by blessing of adoption
-MTMM (HS), Rev to Rev, CTC, DITHR
We LOVED LHFHG/Beyond/Bigger/Preparing/CTC/RTR/Rev to Rev (HS)

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Wed May 12, 2010 10:50 am

I've just prayed for you, LeAnna! God is in control, and He will decide what's best as His plans are "to prosper you" as you walk with Him.

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Thu May 13, 2010 8:06 pm

LeAnna,

I am praying for you now that the Lord will give you the peace that only He can provide when life's challenges threaten to overtake us. I know the Lord has a plan for you and that He will grow your faith as you walk closely with Him.

Blessings,
Carrie

MamaMary

Post by MamaMary » Thu May 13, 2010 10:42 pm

Dear Leanna,

My heart is so overwhelmed for what you and your husband must be feeling right now. I know it's scary. We can only see today and have no idea what tomorrow holds. I know that my words are fleeting, but HIS words are everlasting and so I am going to share some verses with you that the Lord has given "me" this week as our family has gone through something very painful and scary. I cried out and He heard me....,

"Sweet Leanna, Don't fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray. Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns. Before you know it, a sense of God's wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. It's wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life.

Summing it all up, friends, I'd say you'll do best by filling your minds and meditating on things true, noble, reputable, authentic, compelling, gracious—the best, not the worst; the beautiful, not the ugly; things to praise, not things to curse. Put into practice what you learned from me, what you heard and saw and realized. Do that, and God, who makes everything work together, will work you into his most excellent harmonies." Philippians 4: 5-7 (The Message)
Mary, Mama to 4 amazing sons and wife to one incredible husband! Come check us out on the blog: http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

LeAnna

Post by LeAnna » Fri May 14, 2010 7:07 am

Thank you ladies for your prayers! It means a lot!! My hubby actually came home yesterday morning... He went into work, and then came home. They didn't even let him finish out the week. It's so hard, but we are trying to trust the Lord, that He will get us through this, and that He has something better for us. It's easy, though, to say, "Would you please hurry, Lord."
My hubby is hopefully expected to hear something from another place, anytime. They were supposedly going through his paperwork yesterday, and we are praying that he gets that phone call that says he's hired.

LeAnna :D
Love my husband of 18 years this year;
Love my 3 teenagers--13, 15, and 16. They keep me young, but hanging on for dear life! :lol:
Used HOD in the earliest years with all three of them!

MamaMary

Post by MamaMary » Fri May 14, 2010 9:10 pm

Praying God's favor on your husband tonight! (((Big Hugs))
Mary, Mama to 4 amazing sons and wife to one incredible husband! Come check us out on the blog: http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

water2wine

Post by water2wine » Sat May 15, 2010 12:45 am

MamaMary wrote:Praying God's favor on your husband tonight! (((Big Hugs))
Agreeing in prayer for God's favor on your dh!
All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children. Isaiah 54:13
~Six lovies from God~4 by blessing of adoption
-MTMM (HS), Rev to Rev, CTC, DITHR
We LOVED LHFHG/Beyond/Bigger/Preparing/CTC/RTR/Rev to Rev (HS)

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Mon May 17, 2010 9:59 am

Still praying for you, LeAnna! May the Lord bless you and keep you.
In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Sister to Carrie

ncmomof5

Post by ncmomof5 » Mon May 17, 2010 10:18 am

Leanna,

We are going through a similar thing with my husband's employment. We, however, know that he will be working until June 30th. The Lord has already opened up the door for a part time business that my husband has started working on this past week, but there are still so many unknowns (for me). :D But the wonderful thing is that I know that God sees the end from the beginning and He has great plans. He will see us all through this( I know there are more of you going through similar things), and we will get to the other side and be able to look back and praise God for all the great things HE has done! I will be praying for you, and I would appreciate your prayers for us as well, as we are seeking the Lord for His will in all of these changes.

In His love,
2013 - 2014
15 yo dd -- MTMM
13 yo ds -- MTMM
12 yo ds -- finish PHFHG/CTC
9 yo ds -- finish BLHFHG/BHFHG
5.5 yo dd -- LHFHG

"Seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."
Matthew 6:32

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Mon May 17, 2010 1:17 pm

Praying for you and your dh too, RuthAnn!
In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Sister to Carrie

mom23

Post by mom23 » Tue May 18, 2010 4:35 pm

I will pray for your family! I guess I wanted to chime in a little encouragement, if I can, as someone "on the other side" of a very similar situation. My husband was employed with a company for 14 years, and suddenly laid off (with no warning-just "we'll call when we need you"-which was never!) We spent 11 months with no job for him, and at the same time, feeling a calling on both of our lives to enter ministry. It was a hard time for us-filled with days of much discouragement, as I'm sure you're feeling right about now. However, I wanted to encourage you by saying that it was also a time of huge blessing in our lives. We got opportunities to see God's provision in a very clear way. When you don't have that regular paycheck to depend on, it's sometimes easier to realize that everything we have is directly from His hand! Our faith grew so much, our marriage strengthened, and we learned to find joy in our children and eachother through daily life-to count our blessings I guess?

We're now 6 months into my husband's first pastorate, and I really believe that we needed the previous year of struggle to prepare us for the path God had in store for us. Hang in there!! Trust Him, and get ready to see His hand at work in your lives! Keep us posted on your situation as we continue to pray for you all.
Becky, married to my preacher-man and raising:
DD 12-7th grade public school
DS 10-Preparing
DS 8-Beyond
DS 3-Just doin' his thing