Anyone starting LHTH this summer?

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
laurabelle1317

Anyone starting LHTH this summer?

Post by laurabelle1317 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:42 pm

Will anyone be starting Little Hands to Heaven this summer? We plan to start it probably in June. We live in FL and it is HOT...so having some fun indoor things to do and learn about through the summer is fine by me!

Laura
JayBird, 4.5y/o using LHTH
JellyBean, 2y/o copying Big Brother doing LHTH

We're blogging! Check out my new (and first ever) blog as we share all that we are doing with Little Hands to Heaven, and more! http://www.IntoTheirHearts.blogspot.com

tkeller

Re: Anyone starting LHTH this summer?

Post by tkeller » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:29 pm

We just started our second time through LHTH last week! We are having a lot of fun with it even though we've already been through it last year. Have fun!
Talitha
Mommy to one 6 year old blessing, and another on the way!
2012-2013 Beyond Little Hearts for His Glory
2011-2012 Little Hearts for His Glory
2010-2011 Little Hands to Heaven (2nd time)
2009-2010 Little Hands to Heaven

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Sat May 01, 2010 10:18 am

I'm now 4 units into LHTH with Garret (who tagged along last year when his big sis did it). We're going to be taking a summer break starting this next week and will pick it back up in August.

You're going to have FUN with it in your house, I'm sure! :D I love that I can make fun memories with my kids, teach them about the Lord, and help them learn all the other necessary skills so easily with LHTH. They LOVE school and don't like it if I skip it. :wink:

:D Kathleen
Homeschooling mom to 6:
Grant - 19 Kansas State University
Allison - 15 World Geography
Garret - 13 Res2Ref
Asa - 8 Bigger
Quinn - 7 Bigger

Halle - 4 LHTH

Busymomma1

Post by Busymomma1 » Sat May 01, 2010 10:42 am

We recently started and finished up Unit 3. My little guy loves it! I'm debating continuing with him this summer, as it is so easy to do! I'm sure you'll have fun.
Tricia
Married for 14 great years!
Mom to DD (10)
DS #1 (9)
DS #2 (6)

MamaPajama

Post by MamaPajama » Sat May 01, 2010 12:16 pm

We'll be starting probably in late July or early August. I want to get at least a month in pre-baby so that we can take some time off of school guilt-free when he is born. :) It sounds like lots of fun! My DD was looking through the catalog with me yesterday and got so excited when she saw the Bible they use in her Sunday School class in there. It's the one I'll be getting her next year, though. Anyway, she's definitely looking forward to doing real school.

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Mon May 03, 2010 10:31 am

We started last year and had a blast, but are taking a break for summer. That's our nice outdoor season! I love doing school during the less opportune for outdoor play seasons. It's fun to be inside enjoying school together rather than outside when it's nasty weather. Sounds like you picked the perfect time for where you live to enjoy LHTH indoors together! We loved our time in LHTH and will enjoy picking it back up after our summer break. Have a good time with it in the cool of your A/C! :D :D :D

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

blessedwith2

Post by blessedwith2 » Fri May 07, 2010 11:05 am

Hi Laura! (Is this the Laura from the Curriculum Expo at Crossroads?) We are doing LHTH half-speed through the summer. It will be our second time going thru it (first time with our now 3 year old) and we are really looking forward to it. Big sis will be participating, too, just for fun, because she just LOVES all the Bible stories. :)

I agree with you about the Florida heat! LHTH will give you some GREAT learning activities to do that are so fun, your little sweetie won't even realize he's "doing school." Hope to see you on the "weekly check-ins" over the summer!

God bless!

Delia
Delia

DD8 - BLHFHG(left side); BHFHG(right side)
DD4 - LHTH
DS2- tagging along for LHTH; climbing on everything!

laurabelle1317

Post by laurabelle1317 » Fri May 07, 2010 11:47 am

H Delia!

Yes, this is the Laura from the curriculum expo! Nice to "see" you here! Great to hear you will be doing LHTH this summer. We will also be going half speed. It will be fun to touch bases with others that are also going through it at the same time. We have all of our items and my plan is to start in June. Our "Learning Room" will hopefully be finished this month then we can break in the room with LHTH!! When will you be starting LHTH again, if you haven't already? I look forward to reading your updates through the summer too!

Laura

We're blogging! Check out my new (and first ever) blog as we share all that we are doing with Little Hands to Heaven, and more! http://www.IntoTheirHearts.blogspot.com

GinainMD

Post by GinainMD » Sat May 08, 2010 6:28 am

Hello Everyone! We just started LHTH in March with our just turned 3year old dd. What a blast we are having. I decided to go half speed with LHTH so we will continue over the summer. I used to really look forward to summers off but HOD makes school so enjoyable for my girls and me that it is easy to keep going. Even my bigger girls look forward to LHTH with little sister and often listen in to the stories and jump in on any of the crafts/activities.
Gina
married to dh 2000
dd 12/01 Bigger
dd 08/03 Bigger
dd 03/07 LHTH
dd 06/08 LHTH

Tracee

Post by Tracee » Mon May 10, 2010 6:57 pm

We live in FL also and will be starting LHTH. I started LHFHG with my 5 year old about a month ago, and once we get on a roll, I'm going to start my 4 year old twins on LHTH. Isn't summer a great time to homeschool in FL?

Tracy
DS 12
DD 10/DS 10

laurabelle1317

Post by laurabelle1317 » Mon May 10, 2010 10:29 pm

Yay! Glad to see others starting this summer! I look forward to reading all your adventures about it in the weekly check in! Oh...and I'm planning starting my first ever blog and blogging about our HOD/LHTH adventures! I've already started formatting the blog...but I'll start that in June too when we start LHTH. How fun!

Laura