math

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Susan

math

Post by Susan » Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:37 pm

What math is used after Singapore? Is 6A and 6B the last level used for Singapore?
Susan

deltagal

Re: math

Post by deltagal » Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:15 pm

Hi there,

Here's a thread that includes similar questions. Scroll down to find Carrie's response.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5500
With Joy!
Florence

My blog: http://florencebrooks.com/

Began HOD 1/2009
Currently using: Bigger, RTR, Rev to Rev and MTMM

Susan

Post by Susan » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:49 pm

Thanks! Carrie's reply really helped. Carrie, I have a question regarding mathessentials. Did you have your son go through all the concepts or just pre-algebra concepts? I'm not familiar with this curriculum at all. Is he doing this along with 6A and 6B or just during his 8th grade year before Algebra I next year?

deltagal

Post by deltagal » Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:09 am

Hi Susan,

I'm not Carrie, but as I recall Carrie's oldest did not do Sinapore and because of that she used Math Essentials to shore him up before moving into Algebra 1. I'll look to see if I can find the post where she talks more about that and link you to it!

Here you go....

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5400&p=40206&hilit= ... als#p40206
With Joy!
Florence

My blog: http://florencebrooks.com/

Began HOD 1/2009
Currently using: Bigger, RTR, Rev to Rev and MTMM

Susan

Post by Susan » Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:13 pm

Thanks again for your help. My daughter is in 5th grade and on level 4B. We will finish that level in May. So we have plenty of years to finish Singapore through 6A and 6B. At that time I can evaluate and see if I want to use Mathessentials. I love how Singapore makes you think. My daughter has learned much from the diagrams and examples in the book. Sometimes she doesn't want me to explain, but would rather look at the examples and take some time to absorb it and then she goes for it! She is very visual and not auditory.

Thanks again for responding!!

Susan