New Intro

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Tukata

New Intro

Post by Tukata » Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:19 pm

Hi Everyone,
I just wanted to introduce myself and tell you all how incredibly excited I am to have found HOD. I have three children - dd4, dd2, ds7months this week. I have been researching the CM method for about 2 years and couldn't find a good fit for a *boxed* curriculum. I also have looked at some of the free CM outlines, but I never felt like there was enough Bible in the younger ages. I thought I would just put together my own program, which would have been fine, but then last week I somehow stumbled on this website and I have been just so excited ever since! This program uses so many of the books I have wanted to use, and it's all laid out for me! I seriously couldn't fall asleep the first two nights, thinking of how much easier this will make my life come fall when my dd will be 5 and in K. Thank you to Carrie for writing this curriculum!! I look forward to learning from all of you!
God bless,
Erin
Mama to
dd 5
dd 3
ds 1
All three growing up way too fast!!

4froggies

Re: New Intro

Post by 4froggies » Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:26 pm

Erin, just wanted to say welcome! We are finishing our first year with HOD and it has been so great! I only wish I had been able to use it when my oldest was in K and we were just starting homeschooling. You will really enjoy it! Welcome to the board! :D
Beth

Mom to 5 great kiddos (15,11,8,5,2) and one due in October!

countrymom

Post by countrymom » Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:10 pm

Welcome! I found HOD last fall and it has been a wonderful journey.
Countrymom
Wife to J
Big J - LHFHG, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, R2R, Rev to Rev, Modern Missions, beginning parts of World Geography
Little J - LHTH, LHFHG, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, working in CTC

ncmomof5

Post by ncmomof5 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:15 pm

Greetings and Salutations! Isn't it awesome to find HOD?! I, too, looked at the other CM programs boxed, free or otherwise, and nothing fit quite right. HOD puts it all together, and It's not just a list of pages to read or a list of activities to do for a certain period of history. Carrie has thoughtfully planned out how each guide should build on the other with carefully sequenced activities, skill builders and more. It all has a purpose, and it all points me and mine back to God. I know you will love HOD. Welcome, Erin! :D
2013 - 2014
15 yo dd -- MTMM
13 yo ds -- MTMM
12 yo ds -- finish PHFHG/CTC
9 yo ds -- finish BLHFHG/BHFHG
5.5 yo dd -- LHFHG

"Seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."
Matthew 6:32

momof4

Post by momof4 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:57 pm

Hi Erin,
Welcome to the group!!!

I "stumbled" (was led) to HOD a few year ago too. We really like it and have loved watching our kids grow in the Lord. HOD is an amazing program and I hope enjoy it as much as we do!

Laurie
dd's 22, 17
ds 9 - Bigger
dd 5 - LHFHG

Samuel'sMommy

Post by Samuel'sMommy » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:47 pm

Hi Erin! Welcome to the boards! My son and I love HOD! I am so glad that God led us to it!
Stephanie
Wife to Adam for 25 years
Mom to Samuel (18 - freshman in college), Isaiah (8), and Judah (4) through the miracle of adoption
Using and loving LHTH & BLHFHG

Loved using LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, BHFHG, PHFHG, CTC, & RTR!

Mom4Him

Post by Mom4Him » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:47 pm

Hi Erin!! Welcome! :D :D
I am so glad God led you to HOD- it is absolutely wonderful! It seems like you will be doing LHFHG (from what I read on your other post)- we will be also! :D We'll have to share stories! Have a great day!
Jessica

moedertje

Post by moedertje » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:03 pm

Welcome to the HOD family,

You may count it a blessing that the Lord led you to HOD from the beginning. :D We have also used HOD from the start, with LHTH just a few years ago with ds who is 7 now and in Bigger. Wow, does time go by fast :oops: Unlike you I did not know anything about Charlotte Mason as I was not planning on homeschooling 8). Once the decision was made I went in search of a full Pre-K curriculum that was God centered and this is it! Last year, while doing Beyond my ds said that he thinks everyone who is a Christian should use this curriculum since it teaches so much about the Lord...and of course the academics are of great quality... Thanks to Carrie for all the prayer and hard work she puts into it.
Perhaps I missed the info, but I did not notice what program you are starting with in the fall :)
Success with whatever you choose and hope to see you around :D
Raising Arrows; Psalms 127:4
ds17, Class of 2020, now at IHOPU
ds 15, WH
dd 13, MTMM
In year 1 of homeschooling it all started with LHTH for us.

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:19 pm

Erin,

Welcome! We're so glad that you're here. :D We pray that HOD may be a blessing to you and your family. We sincerely look forward to getting to know you even better. Thanks for sharing your enthusiasm! The ladies on the board love to encourage and share in each other's homeschool journeys, and we do too! :D

Blessings,
Carrie