History reading progression in Beyond

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
mommyofgirls

History reading progression in Beyond

Post by mommyofgirls » Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:00 pm

i was curious...in the guide for beyond, is the history scheduled in such a way that you are reading the books from beginning to end, or does it jump around to different stories within a book (i.e. pgs monday pgs 34-36, Tuesday pgs 86-89)? in little hearts in the history stories for children, we jump around to different stories and i was curious if that continues in the next level. thanks!
Wife to my wonderful husband for 8 years
dd5 - LHFHG, Abeka phonics, Horizons math
dd3 - LHTH
dd1 - bringing me Brown Bear, Brown Bear What Do You See? and sitting in my lap :)

sharonb

Re: History reading progression in Beyond

Post by sharonb » Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:41 pm

It jumps around some between the books to keep it chronological over all.

funkmomma71

Post by funkmomma71 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:28 pm

Most of the readings are done in the order they appear in the books, there are a few times when you read pages out of order, but they flow chronologically. I felt as if there was less "jumping around" in the books than there was in LHFHG. Usually you read out of the same book for an entire week, so that is also helpful. :D HTH!
Nancy
Mommy and teacher to
Dd 12 and DS 8
Doing MTMM & Preparing 2016-2017

mommyofgirls

Post by mommyofgirls » Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:57 pm

that is helpful, thanks!
Wife to my wonderful husband for 8 years
dd5 - LHFHG, Abeka phonics, Horizons math
dd3 - LHTH
dd1 - bringing me Brown Bear, Brown Bear What Do You See? and sitting in my lap :)