Little bit of everything

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
busymama

Little bit of everything

Post by busymama » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:54 pm

Hey everybody, I have several things that I need to say. :lol: (My husband loves it when I start off conversations that way, ha ha).
1 Can I just say that I love love love HOD? It is going so great with my ds. What a relief to know that I'm set for curriculum for the next several years, and don't have to play the jumping around game. Everyone I show HOD to is either thinking about doing it when their kids are old enough, doing it & loving it now, or wish it had been around back when they were homeschooling.
2. I also love this board. Even tho I don't post often, I do lurk around and learn a lot.
3. I'm so excited to see Carrie or whoever will be there at the Midwest Homeschool Convention. I can't wait! I'm also looking forward to chatting it up with other HODies. :D
4. And off topic here, I would like to ask for your prayers. We just found out we're prego, (YAY!!!!) and since I've had problems in the past it's very high risk. So to anyone who is willing to say a prayer for an emotional, happy yet scared pregnant stranger, I really appreciate it! I'm currently 6 weeks along. I've had to change my homeschooling plan due to this wonderful surprise :D , now I plan on doing school thru the summer so that I can take time off after the baby gets here in November.
Thanks!
busymama from OH
married for 10 years to dh
ds 8, doing PHFHG, DITHOR, R&S Eng. 3, Sing.4A&B, HWOT, Apologia Zoo 1, BTS 1, The Learnables Sp.1, piano,blessing our lives daily
1 surprise blessing due 6/11
4 angels in heaven waiting with Jesus

basesloaded

Re: Little bit of everything

Post by basesloaded » Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:16 pm

:D Thanked God for your special blessing and prayed for his loving care for you both.
Suzy in Eastern NC
Momma of boys 11th grade, 9th & 4th
HS World History, HS Geo & Preparing

mamayi

Post by mamayi » Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:30 pm

Our family loves HOD too and are so glad that not only can this board be used for schooling questions but also for special prayer requests such as yours.
May God's faithful hands knit that precious life in your womb according to His will.
Hope you can rest and enjoy schooling while being pregnant!
Blessings to you
Andrea
Marine Wife for 14 years
Mother to
DS 07/02 Preparing
DD 04/04 Preparing
DD 07/06 LHFHG
DS 09/09 Playing
DD 05/12 Joining the party!

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:35 pm

How exciting!!! :D What a blessing! I'm saying a prayer right now that you'll have a safe healthy pregnancy, Lord willing. I've been blessed with very problem-free pregnancies so far...my heart goes out to friends & strangers who have problems. It is truly a miracle to see a newborn baby and think of how God knit it together!! My last 2 pregnancies were miscarriages though, so I totally understand wondering if this is a little one you'll get to see born here or wait to see in heaven.

:D Kathleen
Homeschooling mom to 6:
Grant - 19 Kansas State University
Allison - 15 World Geography
Garret - 13 Res2Ref
Asa - 8 Bigger
Quinn - 7 Bigger

Halle - 4 LHTH

Samuel'sMommy

Post by Samuel'sMommy » Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:04 pm

Congratulations on your new blessing! I'll be praying for you!
Stephanie
Wife to Adam for 25 years
Mom to Samuel (18 - freshman in college), Isaiah (8), and Judah (4) through the miracle of adoption
Using and loving LHTH & BLHFHG

Loved using LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, BHFHG, PHFHG, CTC, & RTR!

countrymom

Post by countrymom » Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:33 pm

I am glad you found HOD and I will be at the Midwestern Convention also! I'll be praying that everything will go well with your pregnancy.
Countrymom
Wife to J
Big J - LHFHG, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, R2R, Rev to Rev, Modern Missions, beginning parts of World Geography
Little J - LHTH, LHFHG, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, working in CTC

GinainMD

Post by GinainMD » Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:46 pm

Praying for you and for your unborn child. Gina
Gina
married to dh 2000
dd 12/01 Bigger
dd 08/03 Bigger
dd 03/07 LHTH
dd 06/08 LHTH

happy@home

Post by happy@home » Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:22 am

Congratulations! I just said a prayer for you and your baby!

Robbin
Happy@home
ds(10/02) dd(3/04) BHFHG
We have completed: LHFHG & BLHFHG

"For thou art my rock and my fortress; therefore for thy name's sake lead me and guide me."

pamh

Post by pamh » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:42 am

Congratulations on your pregnancy!!!! I second your statement about how wonderful HOD is!!!

Blessings,
Pam

moedertje

Post by moedertje » Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:33 pm

I also love HOD and this board. With every guide I like it more and more and am so blessed that the Lord let me to this curriculum.
Most of all I am so excited for you that you are prego and I pray that this baby will be safe, healthy and come full term!
Raising Arrows; Psalms 127:4
ds17, Class of 2020, now at IHOPU
ds 15, WH
dd 13, MTMM
In year 1 of homeschooling it all started with LHTH for us.

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:00 pm

Busymama,

Congratulations on your pregnancy! I'm so glad that you are enjoying HOD and are finding peace with your homeschool decision! We're just back from Ohio and are busily shipping orders! We had a wonderful time, didn't we! :D

Blessings,
Carrie

khbmom

Post by khbmom » Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:24 pm

Congratulations! I've prayed that you will have a healthy pregnancy and a very healthy baby.