Hi Everyone!

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Jamie

Hi Everyone!

Post by Jamie » Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:33 am

Hi Everyone,

My name is Jamie and I am new to Heart of Dakota. I just wanted to say "hi".

Just wondering... Can anyone tell me when the new catalog will be released? I currently have the 2009-2010 one (it arrived last week) and I was wondering if there would be another one coming out this Spring/Summer (like most companies seem to do).

Thanks for your help and I am looking forward to learning from all of you here on the message board.

pamh

Re: Hi Everyone!

Post by pamh » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:00 pm

Hi Jamie! It's nice to have you here and I look foward to getting to know ya! I've heard there is a new catalog but I rec'd an old one just like you did. I'm sure someone will jump in here and let us know when it'll arrive. I did see a button on the home page where we can request the new catalog though.

Blessings,
Pam

happy@home

Post by happy@home » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:08 pm

Welcome to HOD and the board, Jamie! I believe I read on a post about RTR that Carrie said the new catalog should be heading to our mailboxes in a few weeks!! :D :D We always get REALLY excited when we get them!! We will be finishing up LHFHG in the next few months and will start Beyond after that. What will you be using?
Happy@home
ds(10/02) dd(3/04) BHFHG
We have completed: LHFHG & BLHFHG

"For thou art my rock and my fortress; therefore for thy name's sake lead me and guide me."

Jamie

Post by Jamie » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:14 pm

Thanks everyone!

I tried to call the office this morning to ask a few other questions about the curriculum choices. I will be sure to ask this question (about the catalog) too when they return my call.

Candice

Post by Candice » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:18 pm

Hi Jamie,

Welcome, it's nice to "meet" you!

Here is the info on the newest catalog:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5697&p=42064&hilit= ... log#p42064

Candice :D

christyg

Post by christyg » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:23 pm

Hi Jamie! I just sent you a private email. :wink:

Christy :D

Jamie

Post by Jamie » Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:26 pm

Thanks for the information.

Just a few more questions for everyone...

It looks like the new catalog will be out in just a few days, right? So should I wait to place my order until then or is the website updated with all new materials right now?

Oh and I was also a little confused with the online ordering on the main website. Do I click on "Store" or "Book Shop"?

Thanks again for helping out this "newbie" here today! :)

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:12 pm

Hi Jamie, and welcome to the HOD Board! :D The website has all of the updates, so there's no need to wait for the catalog if you know what program you are using. Your new catalog should arrive shortly though. :D

The easiest way to order is to click on the HOD guide you are going to use (i.e Little Hearts for His Glory, etc.). Then, click on the blue packages link at the top (i.e Little Hearts-packages, etc.). Finally, click on the little light bulb icon at the top that says "Helpful Tips on How to Order". It will walk you through your order step by step. We are all here to help though too, so don't hesitate to ask questions any you may have right here. :D

I'm so glad you have found HOD! It has been such a blessing to me and my dc. I am looking forward to getting to know you here! :D

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

Jamie

Post by Jamie » Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:35 pm

Thanks Julie! I am going to head over to the main website and order now.

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:55 pm

Jamie,

The ladies have done a great job of welcoming you and of answering your questions, so I'll just pop-in to welcome you too! :D We have the new catalogs in hand here as of today, and they will be heading out with us to our first convention in Cincinnati this weekend. :wink: So, all of you lucky Cinci attendees will get one first!

They will also be heading out to your mailboxes starting in third week of April. It takes some time for the mailing company to get the very extensive mailing list together and the catalogs all labeled and shipped. We're excited for them to be coming to you soon! :D

We also have the Sample Week of RTR plans off to our web designer ready to put on the website, so he'll be getting that up on our website for you to view as soon as he has a chance too. :D

Blessings,
Carrie

mskogen

Post by mskogen » Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:31 am

Welcome Jamie!

I too am looking forward to the new catalog. I know I can see all the information on the website but like to have it in hand! :wink:
Blessings,
Michelle

Wife to dh since 2000
ds 15 years old, World History
ds 14 years old, World History
ds 11 years old, RTR
dd 9 years old, Preparing
Enjoyed LHTH, LHFHG, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, RTR, Rev2Rev, MTMM, WG, enjoying WH

Mom4Him

Post by Mom4Him » Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:07 pm

Jamie, I just wanted to say hello! Welcome to HOD! You are going to love it! :D
I took a quick peek at your blog- your family is so precious!
Have a great day!
Jessica

Samuel'sMommy

Post by Samuel'sMommy » Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:57 pm

Hi Jamie! I just wanted to say hello and welcome to HOD! You are going to love it!
Stephanie
Wife to Adam for 25 years
Mom to Samuel (18 - freshman in college), Isaiah (8), and Judah (4) through the miracle of adoption
Using and loving LHTH & BLHFHG

Loved using LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, BHFHG, PHFHG, CTC, & RTR!

GinainMD

Post by GinainMD » Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:48 pm

Hello and welcome! :D
Gina
married to dh 2000
dd 12/01 Bigger
dd 08/03 Bigger
dd 03/07 LHTH
dd 06/08 LHTH