Truly Excited!

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
mrskturner

Truly Excited!

Post by mrskturner » Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:54 pm

I can't sleep at night because I am so excited about getting my first package from HOD! It should be here this week! I have never felt more at peace or lead by God to a certain curriculum. I am very grateful to have found out about HOD and can not wait to dive in. I threw all of our lifepacs away this weekend and told the kids we are done with those. They are on spring break this coming week so after that we are starting HOD. I am giddy with excitement! My husband is currently deployed and I keep writing him about it, I think he thinks I have lost my mind getting so excited over this curriculum. LOL

Well, thanks for letting me express some of my build up excitement! Maybe I can fall asleep now instead of laying in bed dreaming about all those books on their way in the mail and my already planned out lessons!!! Whooo Hoooo!!!
Kirsten
Aly - age 10 (dyslexia)- BHFHG w/ Apologia Zoology 2
Jackson - age 7 (mild dyslexia and adhd) - BHFHG w/ Apologia Zoology 2
Grayson - age 2 - LHTH

http://keyschristianacademy.blogspot.com/

ShariCA

Re: Truly Excited!

Post by ShariCA » Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:54 pm

I'll be excited with you. :D We won't be starting, or even getting anything, until this next fall. So I just keep reading the catolog over and over. LOL! I'm sure your kids will love this way more than lifepacs. Enjoy!

mrskturner

Post by mrskturner » Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:30 am

Thanks for being excited with me! I requested my catalog and then didn't even wait on it to get here, I ended up placing my order right away! I decided I just couldn't handle another week of lifepacs. Which one are you starting in the Fall? We are going to be doing Bigger.
Kirsten
Grayson - age 2 - LHTH

HappyMama

Post by HappyMama » Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:43 am

I'm excited for you!! Hooray!!! :D

3sweeties

Post by 3sweeties » Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:55 am

YAY! You will LOVE Bigger -- we have really enjoyed it this year! It has made my role as a teacher so much easier and my DS has learned sooooo much that has stuck with him! :D
Jessica~married to my sweetie for 21 years!
[DS17]~U.S. HISTORY 2~2019-20
[DS14]-World Geography~2019-20
[DD12]~ RTR, DITHOR 6-8~2019-20
[DS9]~Bigger~2019-20
Enjoyed LHFHG, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, RTR, RevtoRev, MTMM, WORLD GEOG, WORLD HIST, US HIST 1~LOVING HOD!

mrskturner

Post by mrskturner » Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:59 am

Thank you all! I can't wait to get started!
Kirsten
Grayson - age 2 - LHTH

psreit

Post by psreit » Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:30 am

Just had to join you in saying that I, too, have felt such peace about HOD since I found it. My daughter is finishing K in school, so we won't begin Beyond until fall. But, I have been so anxious to do something with dd, so I purchased the history books and I just happened to have the science book from Little Hearts and have begun reading those to her and we also started The Reading Lesson. This is while she is in school! :lol: (She only goes 3 days a week) She will be going every day for the last 6 weeks of school, so I won't be able to do much, but I plan to continue these things through the summer, so she has them complete before we begin Beyond. It sort of makes me feel like we are in the HOD mode :D

I am planning to attend our homeschool convention in May. I am basically going for the workshops and to accompany a friend who lost her husband and homeschools with 7 children, ages 1-7. I know there are all kinds of curricula there, but I have no desire to even think of anything else. And I used to be one that would always be looking for something new. Finding HOD has definitely been settling for me. I do have my Beyond books and find myself looking at them often :) So, I know exactly how you feel. It's great!
I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth. III John 4
Pam
dh 33 yrs
ds29 church planter in MA
dd27 SAH mom
dd26
dd 12
3 dgs(5,2, & born 6/15) & 2 dgd(3 & born 2/15)

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:34 pm

mrskturner - I'm excited that you're excited! :D That attitude is catching, here on the board, and more importantly, there at home. Your dc are bound to pick up on your excitement! :D You'll have to share your box day with us here. I love box days - no attacking the UPS guy though - let him get to the door, o.k.? :lol:

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:09 pm

mrskturner,

I am excited that your books are on their way to you! :D We pray you will enjoy them and that they may be a blessing to your family. We pray daily that the Lord will bring those to HOD who will be blessed by it, so you are an answer to our prayer! :D

Blessings,
Carrie

kvmck

Post by kvmck » Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:51 pm

mrskturner, I think your kids will be so excited to start HOD.
I have to say that I love hearing how excited other moms get about HOD :D b/c I feel the same way. I've been going to homeschool conventions for 8 years and this year I won't have to wander around the huge curriculum hall wondering if I am doing the right thing... in fact, I think I'll have to get a bunch of HOD catalogs to pass out to people I meet. I too have such peace with HOD and I'm so excited to read about other families finding HOD. Thankfully HOD's shipping has been super fast!
Kristen

ds '00 PHFHG, Latin for Children
dd '02 BHFHG, Latin for Children
dd '07 LHTH

John'smom

Post by John'smom » Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:41 am

Super excited for you and your dc as well!!!! I too will be able to get my hands on HOD this week. I can't wait. Don't you just feel like a little kid at Christmastime? :lol:
Edwena
*Married to my best friend for 16 yrs
*Mom to ds (15), dd (13), dd #2(3)
*Combining my dc in WG (2017-2018)
*Completed and absolutely loved BLHFHG through MTMM

smithdonnajo

Post by smithdonnajo » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:29 am

Man, I'm glad I'm not the only one feeling like this, and dreaming about HOD! :shock:

I just got my box end of last week, and the more I look over the teachers guides, the more I'm loving the content and feel it's going to be right on track for what we need!

Donna Jo
Donna Jo

4froggies

Post by 4froggies » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:33 pm

kvmck wrote:... in fact, I think I'll have to get a bunch of HOD catalogs to pass out to people I meet.
What a great idea! Can we request extra catalogs to give to friends or others that we meet?
Beth

Mom to 5 great kiddos (15,11,8,5,2) and one due in October!

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:25 pm

4froggies wrote:
kvmck wrote:... in fact, I think I'll have to get a bunch of HOD catalogs to pass out to people I meet.
What a great idea! Can we request extra catalogs to give to friends or others that we meet?
Absolutely!!! Love this idea! :D :D :D Just use the link below and type in the "message box" that you'd like some additional catalogs to hand out. I'm not sure how many they send usually in this scenario, but if you can give a count of how many you think you'd more than likely be able to hand out, I think that may help them know how many to send. :) Thanks for getting the word out about HOD - we can't be many places due to homeschooling ourselves, so that is so kind and thoughtful of you!!! :)

http://www.heartofdakota.com/catalog.php

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

mrskturner

Post by mrskturner » Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:55 pm

Thanks Julie for the link. I just requested more HOD catalogs to pass out. I already gave away the one that came with my box. We are half way through our first week of HOD and LOVING it. I can't even describe what a blessing this is. My son who complains about everything said this morning " Mom, you are really letting us do this for school? This is school? I like this." They LOVE the books. My children are learning so much more and in such a shorter time. I honestly don't know what to do with myself anymore. I use to spend so much time planning and organizing our home school day. I have really enjoyed teaching this week, no stress, just all fun! I can not say enough good things about this curriculum. It is amazing!
Kirsten
Grayson - age 2 - LHTH