How can I spread the news about HOD???

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Mom4Him

How can I spread the news about HOD???

Post by Mom4Him » Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:29 pm

We are absolutely loving HOD at our house- & I know so many of you wonderful HOD families are as well!! :D :D
I was wondering if anyone knows of ways that I (we) can help spread the news about HOD!? Here, I talk about it all the time with other homeschooling moms I know.
I guess I was thinking back to when I was researching curriculums online for hours on end before finding HOD- I remember reading some reviews from people who really liked HOD, which is what sent me to the HOD website :D , but I don't remember where :oops: :wink: - so maybe somebody could point me to some places where I could let others (that I can't talk to face-to-face) know what a blessing HOD has been & I know will be for our family!
Sorry if this seems like a "silly" question... I just would love to be a part of bringing others to HOD.
Thanks!
Jessica

inHistiming

Re: How can I spread the news about HOD???

Post by inHistiming » Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:22 pm

Well, if you're involved with a homeschool group, you could try sending an email to your group's director telling all about HOD, why you love it, include a link to the web site, and ask her to send it out to your group (if she thinks it's appropriate). I know the group I was involved with before in NY and the one now in FL sends out emails about various things, including curriculum or helpful learning web sites. Just a thought... :)

jenntracy

Post by jenntracy » Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:27 pm

I am in an email group and we do just that. We are also having a local curriculum symposium and i am taking a bunch of catalogs from HOD and i will be taking the guides and books i do currently own .I know not a soul in my area that uses HOD. i am excited to share. i did share at my last MOM time with some of the moms.

Happy sharing :)

Jenn D.
Mom to 4 Blessings
DS 14.5 yrs World Geography
DD 13 yrs MTMM
DD 10 yrs CTC
DS 7 yrs Bigger

John'smom

Post by John'smom » Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:37 pm

The first thing that came to my mind was Homeschool Reviews. I have gone there in the past to read reviews of other curriculums. Here's the page specific to HOD. It would be really cool if ladies from here could go post reviews of HOD.
Edwena
*Married to my best friend for 16 yrs
*Mom to ds (15), dd (13), dd #2(3)
*Combining my dc in WG (2017-2018)
*Completed and absolutely loved BLHFHG through MTMM

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:45 am

Jessica,

I'm so glad that you are getting a chance to use and enjoy HOD! You are so gracious to consider sharing HOD with others. :D The ladies are doing a wonderful job of offering suggestions and ideas. I just wanted to add that if anyone is desiring catalogs to hand out to your friends or at events, simply email us the number of catalogs you need and the adress where you'd like them shipped and we'd be glad to do so. We love to get our catalogs into the hands of anyone who desires one, so we're glad to help in that way. :D

Many moms share their HOD curriculum through their e-loops, other message boards, at their local homeschool group's curriculum shares, or with just a small circle of friends over coffee or tea. Other moms simply share with their friends and acquaintences one at a time, in passing conversation when a need arises. Our business is truly built by those who have been blessed by HOD enough to share it with others whenever they get the chance. We believe and pray that the Lord brings to HOD moms like you whom He knows will be blessed by what we have to offer! :D

The reviews site that was linked by John'smom is also another terrific way to share your thoughts about HOD. You'd be amazed at how many moms read that particular reviews site. So, if you have a minute to comment over there on the HOD program you're using, then that is another thing that is easy-to-do and receives a huge amount of traffic on the internet. :wink:

There is also a share button on our homepage, where you can link back to the HOD site and share it with others from your email, blogs, etc. Thank you for spreading the word about HOD. We pray that it may continue to bless your family. :D

Blessings,
Carrie

Catherine

Post by Catherine » Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:09 pm

Hi Carrie,

Where is the share button? I looked on the home page but couldn't find it. I would also love a little blog button to put on my blog that would link back here. :) Is that available anywhere?
~8 yr old DD
~6 yr old DD
~4 yr old DS
~2 yr old DS

Mom4Him

Post by Mom4Him » Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:22 am

Thank-you everyone for the great replies! Unfortunately, at this time I am not involved in a Homeschool or e-mail group...but maybe in the future & then I will definitely take your wonderful advice! :wink:
John's mom- thank-you for the link! That is exactly what I was looking for! :D & Carrie, thank-you for the info. to know this would be a good place to share about HOD! :D
If there are other websites/Review pages please let me/us know! I am excited to go share the blessing HOD has been in our lives! :D
Jessica

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:19 pm

I agree that writing reviews about HOD on other boards (and this board too) is one of the best ways to get the word out about HOD, as thousands of ladies read message boards each day. :D Thank you to all who take the time to do this! If you are on other boards and an HOD user, just being an encouragement with your words about HOD goes a long way, and giving a link to the HOD board is helpful too. HOD also will mail free catalogs to anyone who asks for them, so giving the link to that page to others is helpful too. Thanks so much! :D :D :D

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

moedertje

Post by moedertje » Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:42 pm

A friend and I have been doing HOD from the beginning of time for our homeschooling career (2006). Just Word of Mouth, or great enthusiasm about it and sharing at the curriculum fair at our homeschool group have done a great job. The results of what our children have been learning.
I basically tell everyone about it and I truly mean that it's the best homeschool curriculum and should work for everyone in my opinion :wink:
I am having a friend over this Friday who has a 4 and 3 year old boy who is interested in seeing the curriculum and learning more about it. She is considering to
homeschool, after I ran into her and told her all about what we are doing :D
Once again I am so blessed by this curriculum, by Carrie and Julie and also by this message board! I praise the Lord for this all the time. Thanks Carrie and Julie.
Raising Arrows; Psalms 127:4
ds17, Class of 2020, now at IHOPU
ds 15, WH
dd 13, MTMM
In year 1 of homeschooling it all started with LHTH for us.

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:46 pm

Catherine,

On our homepage www.heartofdakota.com you'll see a "Share" clickable button with a pink heart next to it near the top of the page. :D Click on it, and it allows you to easily share HOD on a blog, by email etc. :D

Blessings,
Carrie

Tree House Academy

Post by Tree House Academy » Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:34 am

I posted a review for HOD on the link above and noticed others here had done the same. I also post about HOD on other message boards and direct people here if they have further questions. :)
~Rebecca~

ds13(8th) - Rev to Rev w/ TT Pre-Algebra, R&S English 6, CLE Reading 8, Rosetta Stone French
ds9 (4th) - Preparing Hearts, TT Math 4, R&S English 3, CLE Reading 4, & Writeshop Jr.

We have completed LHFHG, BLHFHG, Bigger, CTC, & RTR.

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:22 pm

Thanks so much, ladies!!! :D However you can get the word out about HOD in a positive way - it is greatly appreciated. :D I hope more and more glowing reviews of HOD can be found on message boards everywhere, as well as in other settings. :) I am actually so pleased to have ladies such as yourselves representing HOD. The love of the Lord in a person's heart shines through wherever they are - whether it's on boards, in homeschool meetings, at co-ops, with friends, with family, at church, at book fairs, etc. I think others just seeing the happiness you have about homeschooling, the joy you seem to feel (most days :wink: ) about your children, the careful way you choose your words to be an encouragement - all of those things are Christlike qualities that naturally make people want to know what's causing you to be that way, because they want some of it in their lives. :D Of course, it's Christ living in your hearts that makes you be that way - but it's also homeschooling with a Christian program like HOD that can make us more joyful. It's a way to keep Christ in our day in a real way, and the wonderful thing is it does the same thing for our dc. The neatest thing is His being a part of our day can help make the best days better and the worst days better too. Anyway, thanks for getting the word out, and thanks for being fellow believers! :D

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

MistyP

Post by MistyP » Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:17 pm

We love HOD and I have highly recommended it to friends that are thinking about homeschooling, on facebook, on my blog, and forum groups :lol: Homeschooling could have been a nightmare without having it so easily laid out to switch from DH and I both teaching. It has helped us maintain our focus and reason for homeschooling and also to homeschool in our ideal way. If it hadn't been so easy, I am sure DH would have given up and either found the $$ to put the girls in school or switch to "bookwork" homeschooling......

I would love to have a HOD "button" to put on the side of my blog. I have no idea how to create one, but if anyone does, please let me know =) We plan on using HOD for many years to come! I am just glad that Carrie's kids are a few years ahead of mine so I don't have to worry about "outgrowing" HOD! :lol:
Misty
Mommy to 6!

austimr
Site Admin

Post by austimr » Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:41 pm

MistyP,

That is a great idea! I e-mailed our web guy your idea and he said that he will have something worked up for us in a few weeks.

Thank you for your willingness to promote HOD!

Mike

inHistiming

Post by inHistiming » Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:46 pm

This is what I was looking for too. I've written on my blog about HOD several times, but to have a permanent 'button' others can click on would be great. Can't wait to see it! :)