Bringing my older son back to HOD! :)

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Tree House Academy

Bringing my older son back to HOD! :)

Post by Tree House Academy » Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:42 pm

I am so excited. I have prayed about this and thought long and hard about it. In the end, I have decided to give HOD another go with my older son. Using R&S English this year, he has made tons of progress and is now where I want him to be English-wise. His writing is coming along, spelling may always be a challenge for this kiddo. Last year, I tried him in Bigger with Extensions and it was just too much work on History and not enough on the basics for him, seeing as he really needed to focus on the basics. This year, I have chosen to do CTC with him. I placed my order last night and I really feel like God has led me back to HOD. There are a lot of things that are done differently in CTC and I think each thing makes this a better fit for my son. He is doing R&S English 4 right now and will be ready to go into English 5 for CTC. :) The Science in CTC is perfect, and my son has increased his reading abilities by a mile this year. I printed out the first week via pdf and showed my son. He got so excited seeing all of the things he would be doing by himself. When he saw the poetry mixed with art, he BEGGED me to get this manual! :lol: He loved the Science too!

My younger guy is very naturally moving on to Beyond this year for the left side and Bigger for the right side. I can't wait to get started!
~Rebecca~

ds13(8th) - Rev to Rev w/ TT Pre-Algebra, R&S English 6, CLE Reading 8, Rosetta Stone French
ds9 (4th) - Preparing Hearts, TT Math 4, R&S English 3, CLE Reading 4, & Writeshop Jr.

We have completed LHFHG, BLHFHG, Bigger, CTC, & RTR.

sharonb

Re: Bringing my older son back to HOD! :)

Post by sharonb » Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:51 pm

How exciting! God has led me back to HOD too, and I'm excited to get started. I have all the books here; it's just a matter of wrapping up a few things before we start our new school year in late May.

Thanks for sharing your plans!

Samuel'sMommy

Post by Samuel'sMommy » Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:34 pm

Sounds exciting! I'll be praying that things work out!
Stephanie
Wife to Adam for 25 years
Mom to Samuel (18 - freshman in college), Isaiah (8), and Judah (4) through the miracle of adoption
Using and loving LHTH & BLHFHG

Loved using LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, BHFHG, PHFHG, CTC, & RTR!

Tree House Academy

Post by Tree House Academy » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:31 pm

Thanks! I placed my order over the weekend and I am giddy with excitement to get it all in my hands. We won't start until July or August, but I will be READY. LOL We are still going through LHFHG with my younger, so I do get to use HOD everyday right now. I am just really excited to be able to use something I love with my older son too! :mrgreen:
~Rebecca~

ds13(8th) - Rev to Rev w/ TT Pre-Algebra, R&S English 6, CLE Reading 8, Rosetta Stone French
ds9 (4th) - Preparing Hearts, TT Math 4, R&S English 3, CLE Reading 4, & Writeshop Jr.

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:58 pm

Rebecca,

It's good to "see" you again! :D I'm so glad that you're getting a chance to use and enjoy Little Hearts this year. We pray you'll find the fit you're seeking for your son with CTC and that you'll enjoy it as much as we are this year with our own son. :D The Lord always knows best, so if we follow His plan we'll have His peace!

We'll look forward to hearing about you receiving your order! I'm sure my sons are busy packing it now! :D

Blessings,
Carrie

Tree House Academy

Post by Tree House Academy » Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:16 pm

LOL - I bet they are Carrie! It does my heart good to know it was packed by some little (or not so little!) homeschooled fellas! :) I will have to tell my kids that when it arrives. :mrgreen:
~Rebecca~

Rebecca

Post by Rebecca » Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:41 pm

So glad you are going to be "all the way" back... :wink:
Praying you have a wonderful year-
with all the "specialness" HOD brings!
~Rebecca