Does anyone use HOD in New Orleans area?

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Benelli

Does anyone use HOD in New Orleans area?

Post by Benelli » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:52 pm

Hi ladies,

Our family might have to move to Louisiana to the New Orleans area, and I wanted to know if there are any of you in that area. I'd love to have help with a feel for the areas we might live. I've never lived outside the state of Virginia, and I've never been to New Orleans. Moving stresses me out! I'm sure from Northern VA to New Orleans will be a big culture shock. But, at least we are blessed to be homeschooling, so the adjustment of a move to a new school won't be a problem. And, we have this wonderful HOD curriculum that we can just keep plugging right along in no matter where we go! :D

I know this is off topic, so if you'd like to PM me, that would be great!
Lisa, Mama to 7 -

PHFHG with Ben (9) and Ellie (11) with extensions
BLHFHG half-speed with Sophie (8) and Anthony (7) with Emerging Readers and Draw*Write*Now
LHFHG with Thomas (7) and Nicholas (5) with Emerging Readers
and Lily Jane (2) tagging along

Tansy

Re: Does anyone use HOD in New Orleans area?

Post by Tansy » Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:43 pm

Friendly Bump to the top~o~the list..
♪♫•*¨*•.¸❤¸.•*¨*•♪♫•*¨*•.¸❤¸.•*¨*•♪♫
Dyslexics of the world Untie!
Adoptive Mom to 2 girls
http://gardenforsara.blogspot.com/
♪♫•*¨*•.¸❤¸.•*¨*•♪♫•*¨*•.¸❤¸.•*¨*•♪♫

jensmom

Re: Does anyone use HOD in New Orleans area?

Post by jensmom » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:47 am

I am originally from LA (Baton Rouge) and have lots of family and friends there. If no one answers then at least I can connect you with someone who can give you an idea about where to live. There are definitely areas that you would NOT want to venture into and then there are areas that are quite lovely. Any chance that you could live more outside of New Orleans or will it near to be more "intown"?

You can email me offloop at narde@bellsouth.net.

HTH,
Judy
2nd year HODie/homeschooler - Using Bigger for 2nd grade
dd - 7 - June '02
Metro Atlanta