book projects to send home

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
kelli

book projects to send home

Post by kelli » Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:32 pm

hello!

i was so excited to find the discontinued item, book projects to send home, at my local homeschool store in houston, tx. i bought level 3, 4, and 5. they had many copie left for grade 3. if anyone is interested in this, which i believe is now out of print, you can have one sent to you. my question is which one to use with my son who is in preparing? which book went along with the dithor program before the book went out of print and was removed from the hod curriculum? i have heard so many of you rave about this book. i am just thrilled to have found it!!
the homeschool store houston texas

kelli

kelli

Re: book projects to send home

Post by kelli » Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:38 pm

hello again!

i just looked in the dithor teaching manual and found the answr to my question. i just began dithor a couple of weeks ago so i am not familiar yet with it. we are loving it!

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:48 pm

Kelli,

I'm so glad you found DITHR and The Book Projects to Send Home! :D My boys have thoroughly enjoyed both, and as we are upon the brink of high school for next year with my oldest son we are feeling prepared for the level of literature study required in high school. But, more importantly, through DITHR we have spent years truly working on teaching our kiddos' to compare what they read to the Bible, and we can see real discernment in this area growing within them. That is our prayer for all of those who strive to work through DITHR with their kiddos! :D There is no greater gift within reading that we can give our kiddos than that of moral discernment as they compare whatever they read in light of God's Word. :D

Happy reading!

Blessings,
Carrie

kelli

Post by kelli » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:08 pm

yes, carrie, i couldn't agree more. i can already see that and we are only 10 days into the dithor program. i am not sure why i was so intimidated by the program, but i'd sure like to encourage others to dig in and be blessed! thanks!

i tell everyone who will listen that i feel you are truly annointed in the writing of these guides!!

kelli

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:25 pm

Kelli,

I'm so glad DITHR is going well for you! :D I know the guide looks a bit more intimidating than our other ones, but it is such an important area (and one that is too often easily overlooked). :wink:

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! :D

Blessings,
Carrie

Jen in Va

Post by Jen in Va » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:57 am

If I were to look for these used and would be starting with a child in DITHR next year with the first level, which book projects book should I start with? It looks like they go all the way down to Kind, but DITHR starts with grade 2/3--do I look for grade 2 and work my way up? Thanks!
Jen
Hsing mom of 3:
DS (20) college, home educated k-12
DD (17) 12th grade (2009-10), home educated
DS (6) Beyond (2009-10, have already started--loving it, btw!)

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:43 pm

Carrie wrote: But, more importantly, through DITHR we have spent years truly working on teaching our kiddos' to compare what they read to the Bible, and we can see real discernment in this area growing within them. That is our prayer for all of those who strive to work through DITHR with their kiddos! :D There is no greater gift within reading that we can give our kiddos than that of moral discernment as they compare whatever they read in light of God's Word. :D
That is my FAVORITE part of DITHOR!! :D What a necessary thing to spend time on with my kids...and with DITHOR it's so fun, too! :D We LOVE, LOVE, LOVE our time with DITHOR, and have enjoyed some of those book projects from book 2 the last couple years, too. :wink:

:D Kathleen
Homeschooling mom to 6:
Grant - 19 Kansas State University
Allison - 15 World Geography
Garret - 13 Res2Ref
Asa - 8 Bigger
Quinn - 7 Bigger

Halle - 4 LHTH