LOVE HOD

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
laressie

LOVE HOD

Post by laressie » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:11 am

I first of all want to introduce myself. I am LaRessie, I am a 38 almost 39 yo mom of 4 BEAUTIFUL daughters. My oldest is 20 and is in college. My other girls are 15, 12, and 9. We have been homeschooling for 10 years.
We have tried MANY different programs. I have been a CM'er and didn't even realize it for many years.
This past year I was introduced to HOD by my friend Rebecca (HI Rebecca)... After MUCH research and prayer I bought Preparing and the books last spring. I was "prepared" for our year. Then after MUCH more prayer I realized we needed to step back and do American History. I found Bigger and ALL the books for an AMAZING price and I bought it.
We started Bigger in the fall 09. WOW... we have been SO blessed. WE have not gone at a fast pace but, we have CONTINUED with it. Most years I end up changing strategies mid year. We get in a slump and I always feel like we have NOT accomplished ANYTHING. BUT, this year has been WONDERFUL. Even though we have taken many breaks and we had a period of sickness and we got off track... we have been able to pick back up and get back going. I LOVE HOD. My girls do too. We have all been doing the main parts together. My older girls do the Extension books and then I supplement with more for the Oldest. We have had SO many wonderful conversations. God has SURELY blessed us with this program. WE ALL love how the bible portion ties in with the lesson. We LOVE how God has placed these lessons at JUST the right time for us. Even though we are not far in the book, it has been HIS timing... not mine. And we open our Bibles and are amazed that it is JUST the right scripture for US that day.
IT is not something new for us to see God in our lives, it is just SUCH a blessing and my GIRLS are seeing HIM in SO Many areas including their schoolwork. They are enjoying the whole process. WE ALL KNOW that God is working through YOU Carrie. Thanks for letting HIM lead you. This is the first year I can TRULY say we are moving along in our school work. My girls are remembering things and are excited to learn. THANKS to OUR LORD, and SAVIOR JESUS CHRIST. Thanks to Carrie for writing this WONDERFUL program. THanks to Rebecca for OPENING my eyes and my heart to this program. Thanks to Geo my other friend who has encouraged me to move forward with this program. I LOVE YOU ALL! I look forward to getting to know you all here.
God bless.
LaRessie

Samuel'sMommy

Re: LOVE HOD

Post by Samuel'sMommy » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:05 pm

Hi LaRessie and welcome to the boards! It sounds like you and your girls are having a wonderful year. We absolutely love HOD too!
Stephanie
Wife to Adam for 25 years
Mom to Samuel (18 - freshman in college), Isaiah (8), and Judah (4) through the miracle of adoption
Using and loving LHTH & BLHFHG

Loved using LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, BHFHG, PHFHG, CTC, & RTR!

Tansy

Post by Tansy » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:35 pm

Hi LaRessie,
Glad your here!
♪♫•*¨*•.¸❤¸.•*¨*•♪♫•*¨*•.¸❤¸.•*¨*•♪♫
Dyslexics of the world Untie!
Adoptive Mom to 2 girls
http://gardenforsara.blogspot.com/
♪♫•*¨*•.¸❤¸.•*¨*•♪♫•*¨*•.¸❤¸.•*¨*•♪♫

blessedmomof4

Post by blessedmomof4 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:28 pm

Welcome LaRessie!
Lourdes
Wife to Danforth
2 grads 9/19/92,7/8/95
2 in charter school 1/31/98, 9/19/99
3 in Heaven 8/11/06, 8/18/10, 9/13/13
Future HODie is here! 9/14/12

Rebecca

Post by Rebecca » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:48 pm

Yay LaRessie!!!
I am SO happy to "see" you here! :D
We have our own HOD fan club. :wink:
It has been such a blessing!
Rebecca
(have to change my signature!!)

water2wine

Post by water2wine » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:32 am

Welcome! So glad you are loving HOD and your family is being blessed. :D We love it too. Your mid year search is over. You can stay. Each year is just as good as the last. It never gets old. :D
All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children. Isaiah 54:13
~Six lovies from God~4 by blessing of adoption
-MTMM (HS), Rev to Rev, CTC, DITHR
We LOVED LHFHG/Beyond/Bigger/Preparing/CTC/RTR/Rev to Rev (HS)

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:17 pm

LaRessie,

I just wanted to pop-in and welcome you to the boards! I'm so glad that HOD is working well for you this year! :D Your post blessed me so much today. I really appreciate your heartfelt thoughts. I agree that Rebecca is a wonderful encourager! We're privileged to have women like her on the board.

We look forward to getting to know you even better. :D

Blessings,
Carrie