Duplicates for CTC

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Marsha

Duplicates for CTC

Post by Marsha » Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:49 pm

Would it be easier(with 3 kids doing it), to have their own copy of...
A Child's Geography,
Genesis: Finding Our Roots, and
Draw Through History?
Miranda 15 on July 4th
Cassandra 12
Jonathan 10
Sarah 8
Hannah 6
Rachel 4
Abigail 2
Rebecca born in Sept.

eazbnsmom

Re: Duplicates for CTC

Post by eazbnsmom » Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:47 pm

Marsha,

Genesis, Finding Our Roots & A Child's Geography are meant to be teacher led, so you would only need one copy unless you are planning on having your children do it on their own. You might want them to each have their own copy of "Draw and Write Through History" if they are going to be using it at the same time so they don't fight over it. :D HTH!
Kay in PA

Mom to dd12, dd11, ds9, ds7 & ds3 1/2

BHFHG with dss 7&9 and dd11

inHistiming

Post by inHistiming » Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:02 pm

I think any assignments that need to be done would be easy enough to coordinate taking turns with the books, so I wouldn't say it's necessary. Easier...probably, but it really just depends on whether or not your children share well (we ALL know how kids can get sometimes :roll:, and adults for that matter! ) and if you think the extra cost is worth it. When we did Bigger...last year and combined my older two, I did not purchase extra books and it went fine. They took turns, and the one waiting for his/her turn just read a book or worked on something else while waiting. HTH :)

8arrows

Post by 8arrows » Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:31 pm

I would say no to the Genesis and Geography but perhaps yes to the Drawing book (or at least two for the three to share). It may depend on how you use it. I realize it is supposed to be done independently, but my children have loved doing it together (I have quite a social crew!).
Melissa, wife to Jim for 28 years
3 graduated, 2 using US 2, 8th grade dd using Missions to Marvels
Isaiah 40:11 ...He gently leads those that have young.

juliekay

Post by juliekay » Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:01 pm

We are sharing our Draw and Write Through History this year between 3 boy as well as all of the Independent History, Science books and extension books. IF I could have an extra of anything it would the guide! With all 3 needing it for dictation, independent history, science, some Bible & research guidance our guide looks like we've been using it for 10 years!
Julie
2010-2011
ds 13 RTR plus
ds 12 RTR plus
ds 8 RTR
dd 5
ds 2
We loved using Bigger & Preparing

threegreatkids

Post by threegreatkids » Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:54 pm

juliekay wrote:IFI could have an extra of anything it would the guide! With all 3 needing it for dictation, independent history, science, some Bible & research guidance our guide looks like we've been using it for 10 years!
Makes sense! Even just with 2 sharing half of one guide (Bigger) this year we are considering getting 2 guides next year for Preparing :)
Mom of three great kids
7th grade dd, 6th grade dd, 4nd grade ds