The RTR package looks amazing!

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Allison TX

The RTR package looks amazing!

Post by Allison TX » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:30 pm

I just noticed the RTR books are up in the HOD store. It looks like such an amazing program! I can't wait to use it. :D Thank you, Carrie, for all your hard work. We greatly appreciate all the effort that goes into your guides. :)

Allison

Daisy

Re: The RTR package looks amazing!

Post by Daisy » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:34 pm

WHERE? I can't see them.
Wife of 18 years to Jon.
DragonFly (12yo)
Buttercup (14yo)

Samuel'sMommy

Post by Samuel'sMommy » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:39 pm

If you go to the home page and click on the link for Store, scroll to the bottom of the page and you can see them.
Stephanie
Wife to Adam for 25 years
Mom to Samuel (18 - freshman in college), Isaiah (8), and Judah (4) through the miracle of adoption
Using and loving LHTH & BLHFHG

Loved using LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, BHFHG, PHFHG, CTC, & RTR!

Daisy

Post by Daisy » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:40 pm

Cool. Thanks!
Wife of 18 years to Jon.
DragonFly (12yo)
Buttercup (14yo)

threegreatkids

Post by threegreatkids » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:45 pm

I noticed that recently, too, but I wasn't sure if we were supposed to see it or if it was top secret 8)

Don't the books look amazing?
Mom of three great kids
7th grade dd, 6th grade dd, 4nd grade ds

Mom2Monkeys

Post by Mom2Monkeys » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:01 pm

they sure do! can't wait to see those sample pages!
~~Tamara~~
Enjoying HOD since 2008

DD15 long-time HODie finding her own new path
DS12 PHFHG {dysgraphia, APD, SID}
DS9 PHFHG
DS6 LHFHG
DD new nursling

my3good&perfectgifts

Post by my3good&perfectgifts » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:46 pm

They do look great! I wish I could buy every guide published so far. I love to study them and look through all the books Carrie has picked. I get so excited about what is next. Guess I shouldn't get to ahead of myself. We are just in LHFHG, PHFHG, and LHTH.
James 1:17

Beth,
wife to Doug 20 years
mom to 4 boys,
Ds 17,14,9,3
Have enjoyed LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, PHFHG, CTC, Rev to Rev, World Geography
Starting MTMM, BLHFHG in fall 2016

water2wine

Post by water2wine » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:48 am

How exciting! It looks so great! Look at all the goodies! Can't wait to see it and I am so glad it is up because the tax return is coming and this is a great chance to get next year secured. I love HOD! :D Thank you God for finally banging me on the head with it. It's great to be excited to look at something to come that you know will be perfect for you rather than desperately searching for something and never quite finding it. What a blessing! Can't wait for RTR! :D
All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children. Isaiah 54:13
~Six lovies from God~4 by blessing of adoption
-MTMM (HS), Rev to Rev, CTC, DITHR
We LOVED LHFHG/Beyond/Bigger/Preparing/CTC/RTR/Rev to Rev (HS)

3musketeers

Post by 3musketeers » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:41 am

I almost didn't finish scrolling down the posts so I could click on over there to take a look. I'm headed there now. EXCITING!
"Let us not despise the day of small things nor grow weary of well-doing." CM Gal. 6:9
Big & LHTH 09-10
Prep & LH 10-11
C2C & LHFHG 11-12
R2R & Bey 12-13
Rev2Rev 13-14
Big MTMM W.Geo 14-15
Prep W.Geo WH 15-16
C2C WH US1 16-17

3musketeers

Post by 3musketeers » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:57 am

Thank you God for finally banging me on the head with it. It's great to be excited to look at something to come that you know will be perfect for you rather than desperately searching for something and never quite finding it. What a blessing!
water2wine, you nailed it.

I am back after taking a peak. What a joy to not only feel content and thrilled about the current curriculum your doing, but it's also exciting to know that marvelous choices are up ahead. No more wondering eyes here. The next year only gets better and better :D .

And my Drama teaching self is drooling over the Shakespeare! :D :D :D
"Let us not despise the day of small things nor grow weary of well-doing." CM Gal. 6:9
Big & LHTH 09-10
Prep & LH 10-11
C2C & LHFHG 11-12
R2R & Bey 12-13
Rev2Rev 13-14
Big MTMM W.Geo 14-15
Prep W.Geo WH 15-16
C2C WH US1 16-17

mariaw

Post by mariaw » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:32 am

I am so excited!!! Not only am I glad my kids will get this great education, I'm excited that *I* will get this great education!! :D
dd9 - Preparing with R&S 3 and Singapore 2
ds7 - LHFHG
ds5 - LHFHG
dd1.5 - in charge of hiding all our pencils

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:14 am

Ladies! I can't believe you found the listings for RTR in the massive store. You must have been scrolling forever! :wink: I am SO glad you are excited about the books for RTR. We are VERY excited about them too. I thoroughly enjoyed reading each and every selection. :D

Of course, the packages will make more sense once you can see them on our website categorized nicely with engaging descriptions. But, this is a great sneak peak! :D Our hard-working web designer is putting the packages together for the website right now with a target date of mid-February or so for the launch.

Until then, happy scrolling! :wink:

Blessings,
Carrie

DHT1999

Post by DHT1999 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:18 pm

I found the books on the store a couple of weeks ago! I am really, really pleased and excited. The selections are just wonderful. Better than I had hoped they would be! Just another confirmation that we are where we are supposed to be in regards to our curriculum choices. Usually by mid-Feb. I'm in fits trying to discern what we will do for the next year, how we are going to make it work for us, and whether or not we are in God's will. We all feel so at home now. No fits!

One thing that I really love about HOD is that you aren't just offering another list of books to get through. Good books abound everywhere. But, you also offer this plan to help us draw things out of the books. My kids aren't passive at all now. They enjoy talking about their books, they understand that we are going to be doing things with the books. I love how you have woven it all together. My kids are producing now and not just sitting back and having it all put into them. They are relating with the material and growing in their skills. I am so pleased to see my oldest son's Preparing notebooks filling up!!

I guess my point is that you have done a great job at giving us a literature based curriculum without neglecting those basic skills that have to be developed. I have not found that with another curriculum.
2011-2012: Creation to Christ & Bigger Hearts

"He maketh the barren woman to keep house and to be a joyful mother of children." - Psalm 113:9

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:12 pm

Donna,

I just wanted to let you know that you blessed me beyond measure today. It was just what I needed to hear, as I have now followed the Lord's prompting and waded in to choosing a Boy and Girl Pack for grades 5/6 to be used along with DITHR (for those who choose to do so). :D I had intended to wait to do this until next year, but the Lord nudged me that many moms will be needing a package like this of great book selections to go with DITHR for grades 5/6. :wink:

Anyway, your post was very timely, as it does a beautiful job of summing up what we strive to do with literature. I am so thankful for posts such as yours that the Lord sends to encourage me just when I need it most. :D

Blessings,
Carrie

Mom2Monkeys

Post by Mom2Monkeys » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:58 pm

OH Carrie!!! I can't wait to see what your choices are for DITHOR 5/6 books!! I'm so glad to hear this! Oh, I'm so glad to have found HOD!! I recommend it to everyone I know!
~~Tamara~~
Enjoying HOD since 2008

DD15 long-time HODie finding her own new path
DS12 PHFHG {dysgraphia, APD, SID}
DS9 PHFHG
DS6 LHFHG
DD new nursling