my decision!

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
mommyofgirls

my decision!

Post by mommyofgirls » Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:41 pm

okay, i'm sure those of you who helped me with my earlier "combining" post have been losing sleep. :roll: :lol: but, i did want to pipe in and tell you what i decided. :)

i have decided to keep my 6 year old moving ahead as she is. she will start Beyond next fall and i will start LHFHG with my 4 year old next fall, half speed (probably 3 days per week, or alternative right and left sides). she can listen to her sister's readings if she would like and vice versa (it won't seem so much like "double" because one will be am history and one will be Bible history). after that, i imagine we'll continue on, starting my youngest on LHFHG or LHTH when it is time. i just wanted to let you know what course of action gave me the most peace. i think this is it. :) while i want to combine for Science, and let them do some things together, i just can't deny that they are not ready to be combined "truly" right now. just because my almost 4 year old enjoying listening to the readings and singing the songs, does not mean she would not benefit by doing it again she she is a little bit older. even my 1 year old likes to sing the songs, but that doesn't mean she shouldn't learn it all when she is of age as well!

thanks so much for your prayers and helpful comments. :D
Wife to my wonderful husband for 8 years
dd5 - LHFHG, Abeka phonics, Horizons math
dd3 - LHTH
dd1 - bringing me Brown Bear, Brown Bear What Do You See? and sitting in my lap :)

Candice

Re: my decision!

Post by Candice » Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:52 pm

Yay!

I am glad you came up with something that gives you peace, that is so important! :D
Your plan sounds smart and I think it's great that each of your girls will get the opportunity to experience the programs fully and individually, at least for the time being as you have planned. I like your idea of combining for science, that seems like a very doable/smart subject area to combine.
The neat thing about homeschooling is that you have the freedom to personalize and structure things specifically for your family. I love that!
I hope you are getting settled with your move!

Candice :D

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:38 pm

Sounds great! :D It is wonderful to have peace about a decision, and I think you have considered each of your dc's needs so carefully that this is bound to be a good course to take. I actually do wonder sometimes whatever happened after the ladies pitched in with placement ideas and then we don't hear back anything. Thanks for letting us know your plan! :D That actually is important to me - and very helpful in helping others sometimes too. :) Enjoy it - you have some wonderful HOD years ahead of you, and a nice layout of teaching as well. :)

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:34 pm

mommyofgirls,

Thanks for sharing your decision with us. :D I often wonder what people end up doing after tossing around various options on the board. We pray you will have a blessed year. :D

The wonderful thing is that if you end up changing your mind, there are other options that will work too. It's a relief to have a path chosen, and I pray you'll be flooded with the Lord's peace in your decision. :D

Blessings,
Carrie

water2wine

Post by water2wine » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:34 pm

Congratulations! I know I always feel so much better when I really feel I have the right path for you. That peace is wonderful! :D Praying your year is blessed!
All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children. Isaiah 54:13
~Six lovies from God~4 by blessing of adoption
-MTMM (HS), Rev to Rev, CTC, DITHR
We LOVED LHFHG/Beyond/Bigger/Preparing/CTC/RTR/Rev to Rev (HS)