CTC-Independent

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Marsha

CTC-Independent

Post by Marsha » Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:53 pm

I would like to get duplicates of the books that are Independent.

Does anyone have a list?

Thank you
Miranda 15 on July 4th
Cassandra 12
Jonathan 10
Sarah 8
Hannah 6
Rachel 4
Abigail 2
Rebecca born in Sept.

my3sons

Re: CTC-Independent

Post by my3sons » Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:21 pm

Hi Marsha! I don't have a list, but I can tell you that the boxes I listed below are independent, and I'll put the resources behind them so you can see what things are needed and choose which resources you desire duplicates of):

Reading about History: The Story of the Ancient World, Streams of History: Ancient Greece, Streams of History: Ancient Rome
*You'd want each person to have their own Student Notebook for sure.

Bible Quiet Time: Each child could use his own Bible, or "The DK Illustrated Family Bible" has been a favorite this year of my ds. The Philippians 2 CD could be used by all, but you'd want to get a Common Place Book for each of them (which is basically a special journal/notebook not sold by HOD).

Independent History Study: What in the World Vol. 1 by Diana Waring (this is a CD set and they could all just listen to it together), Draw and Write Through History: Greece and Rome

Science Exploration: All of the Economy Package: Science Add-on is done independently.

I'm thinking this is what you were asking, but you'd want separate books for DITHOR too, as well as LA and math - I'm pretty sure you have that figured out already though. :D

HTH!
In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie