Personal Quiet Time for the new guide RTR...

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Carrie
Site Admin

Personal Quiet Time for the new guide RTR...

Post by Carrie » Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:23 pm

Ladies,

I just wanted to share with you a few more tidbits about the new guide Resurrection to Reformation. For the Personal Quiet Time box in the new guide we will be having a separate boy and girl emphasis that focuses on becoming a woman of God and a man God. We are very excited about this plan! :D

For boys we will be using Boyhood and Beyond by Bob Shultz, and for girls we will be scheduling Beautiful Girlhood (along with The Companion Guide to Beautiful Girlhood by Shelley Noonan and Kimberly Zach). Each week will contain a narrative reading with questions to discuss afterwards with the parent, Scripture verses to look up and apply to the reading, a practical life application, and a quote to journal about which also relates to the reading. :D

We will end the year with God's Plan for Growing Up Series by Sandi Queen (using From Girl to Woman for girls and From Boy to Man for boys). These are very short pamphlet like books which do a terrific job of talking about the boys and girls changing bodies in a very Godly way. The final book of the year titled What is God's Design for My Body? by Susan Horner will be optional, but it does an amazing job of covering male and female anatomy, purity, marriage, and pregnancy. It is clear without being overly explicit, is God-honoring, Biblical, and helps you cross this bridge into womanhood and manhood in a Bible-based way. :D

We pray you will enjoy this focus and will see your children grow in the Lord through this study. We also hope that this will help you cover this all important content in a way that glorifies our Father in heaven and relieves you of the worry of how best to do this! :D

Blessings,
Carrie

threegreatkids

Re: Personal Quiet Time for the new guide RTR...

Post by threegreatkids » Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:01 pm

This is exciting, Carrie! Many of these are resources that I've been looking at for my daughters over the next few years (and my son in a couple more years). How perfect!
Will this box be on the right side of the plans?
Mom of three great kids
7th grade dd, 6th grade dd, 4nd grade ds

pollo_la

Post by pollo_la » Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:03 pm

This sounds FABULOUS!!!! I have quite a few years to go through first, but I will certainly be excited when the time comes for us to begin this guide. THANK YOU for taking the time to really pick some excellent books.
Laurie:
Wife to Daniel since June 2002
Mom to: Odessa (5) using LHFHG and Emerging Readers from BLHFHG,
Sophie (3), Nadia (2), and Elliana (newborn)

creekmama

Post by creekmama » Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:15 pm

That sounds wonderful, Carrie. Thank you so much!
Kelley
Peter (12, Res to Ref)
Betsy (9, Preparing)

water2wine

Post by water2wine » Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:03 pm

Carrie thank you so much. You always hit the things that are on my shelf that I have good intentions about doing and just don't seem to happen. :roll: This is such an awesome plan! What a blessing! I am so excited about this. Thank you, thank you for covering it all! :D It sounds amazing. 8) I love that you are doing the boy girl thing and I love what you picked now I can put it in the box for next year and take it off my list of stuff I need to do but never get done, whew! We need a jumping happy face!
All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children. Isaiah 54:13
~Six lovies from God~4 by blessing of adoption
-MTMM (HS), Rev to Rev, CTC, DITHR
We LOVED LHFHG/Beyond/Bigger/Preparing/CTC/RTR/Rev to Rev (HS)

mamaloves4

Post by mamaloves4 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:25 pm

These sound wonderful! I have been meaning to work them into our daily plans, but am super excited that you have already done that--now I just have to rest in knowing that I simply have to follow the boxes!

Thank-you for all your work and effort you put into this! I was just thanking the Lord today for leading us to HOD. I pray that He will continue to lead and guide you in your planning.

Jess
Jessica
married for 12 years to Chuck
dd10--Creation to Christ
dd7--Beyond
ds4--LHTH
dd2--filling our days with joy and LHTH fingerplays and stories

SoaringEagle

Post by SoaringEagle » Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:09 pm

That sounds awesome! Still got a ways to go but looking forward to each guide that we do. :D
~Juli~
Wife to P
Mommy to dd Froggie - age 7 - BLHFHG - August '10
ds Hot Wheels - age 4 - LHTH - August '10

http://soaringeagle91.blogspot.com/

3musketeers

Post by 3musketeers » Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:37 pm

I agree! That sounds incredible. I love the books you choose Carrie!
"Let us not despise the day of small things nor grow weary of well-doing." CM Gal. 6:9
Big & LHTH 09-10
Prep & LH 10-11
C2C & LHFHG 11-12
R2R & Bey 12-13
Rev2Rev 13-14
Big MTMM W.Geo 14-15
Prep W.Geo WH 15-16
C2C WH US1 16-17

Daisy

Post by Daisy » Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:32 pm

I have all of these books!! Awesome to have YOU plan them out for ME. LOL. Hooray!!
Wife of 18 years to Jon.
DragonFly (12yo)
Buttercup (14yo)

Rebecca

Post by Rebecca » Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:14 pm

AHHHHHHH! I can't believe this! I just opened up this book today with my son and read the first chapter. AND AS I WAS READING IT I THOUGHT: hmmm, this book would be a great HOD choice. I wonder if it will be in one of the guides... :shock:

Well-
as I've said before- great minds think alike. 8) :wink:

I love HOD.
I cannot express the peace I feel having our path mapped with HOD. We are starting Preparing in January and are still loving Bigger.
We only have four days left until my 6 year old finishes Little Hearts and he has requested a party! :D

Anyway-
I LOVE it Carrie.
THANK YOU!!!!
Rebecca

P.S.
Everyone I talked to last year who started HOD this year, in my town, is still going strong!

Momtoamayalilal2

Post by Momtoamayalilal2 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:48 pm

The books you chose for the boy study were exactly what I wanted to get this year for my ds , but didn't! I am so excited to hear that you are using them next year and helps to keep me focused on my plan to use HOD next year also!!
Mama to 7!
Oldest (18)
Dd 12-
Ds-9
Dd-7
Dd-4
Ds-2
Dd-brand new!

Have used LHTH, LHFHG, BEYOND, CTC,WG over the years and always come back to Hod after a a season! :lol:

4froggies

Post by 4froggies » Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:36 pm

Carrie, I actually have this book and had planned on reading it with my dd. However, we have not kept up with it, so I am thrilled that it will be scheduled FOR me next year. Wow. What a blessing! Thanks! BTW, we are really into our groove with CTC now. Love it!!! :D

Beth
Beth

Mom to 5 great kiddos (15,11,8,5,2) and one due in October!

Tiffini

Post by Tiffini » Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:47 pm

I am SO excited about your choices, Carrie. My husband has just read through Boyhood and Beyond and LOVED it. It is a truly excellent book. My husband plans to read it with my son, but it is definitely one that would do great benefit to read again independently later on. And I have Beautiful Girlhood and have been meaning to start it - now I won't worry about when - I'll just follow the plans!

It is obvious from others' posts that God is hearing and answering our prayers for God's guidance and wisdom as you write these guides. You are such a blessing to all of us!
Tiffini
DD (21 ) Graduated! Used HOD from 5th Grade through 12th Grade!
B/G Twins (18) Graduated! Used HOD from 3rd through 12th Grade!
DS (12) and DS (10)- Preparing Hearts
HOD Users since 2008

DHT1999

Post by DHT1999 » Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:34 pm

Wow!! Excellent! We need a Smilie that jumps up and down and claps its hands!! I love your choices, Carrie. Those books are ones that I have very often thought I wanted to incorporate into our homeschool but I wasn't sure how or when.

:D
2011-2012: Creation to Christ & Bigger Hearts

"He maketh the barren woman to keep house and to be a joyful mother of children." - Psalm 113:9

DHT1999

Post by DHT1999 » Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:36 pm

Carrie wrote: We also hope that this will help you cover this all important content in a way that glorifies our Father in heaven and relieves you of the worry of how best to do this! :D

Blessings,
Carrie
:D :D :D
2011-2012: Creation to Christ & Bigger Hearts

"He maketh the barren woman to keep house and to be a joyful mother of children." - Psalm 113:9