ds's narration of the prodigal son

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
6timeboymom

ds's narration of the prodigal son

Post by 6timeboymom » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:02 pm

So, DS #5 is doing LHFHG. Today he was supposed to narrate the prodigal son story.
Mom: "So, tell me about the story we just read."
Greyson: "well, this guy wants money, so he takes his dad to the credit union and says, dad! give me your money! so the dad gets him a credit card with all his money. Then he goes to wal mart, and he really likes the people, so he buys them all their stuff and they don't like him when his money is gone. So he goes to the big stinky pig farm by his grandpa's house, and eats the pigs' food, then he thinks his dad will give him his food and pay his credit card bill! So he goes home. the end!"

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Then he acted it out with all his webkins, and he kept telling me which ones were the characters. "Now, see the camel? he's the dad. See the penguin? he's the kid."
Darci
mom to 6 great boys-"they've got me surrounded!!"
using: as much HOD as possible! :wink:

Kathleen

Re: ds's narration of the prodigal son

Post by Kathleen » Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:53 pm

I love it Darci! :D

That is quite the modern-day rendition of the story. You must have quite the thinker on your hands...maybe he'll be great at bringing Bible stories to life for others teaching or something.

:D Kathleen
Homeschooling mom to 6:
Grant - 19 Kansas State University
Allison - 15 World Geography
Garret - 13 Res2Ref
Asa - 8 Bigger
Quinn - 7 Bigger

Halle - 4 LHTH

creekmama

Post by creekmama » Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:54 am

Love it! Oh, the joys of learning at home. Aren't you glad you didn't miss that?
Kelley
Peter (12, Res to Ref)
Betsy (9, Preparing)

6timeboymom

Post by 6timeboymom » Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:08 am

:lol: yes I'm sure glad I got to hear it. :-)
Kathleen-it was fun to see how he made those connections in his head to what WE do now versus what was common in Jesus story-kwim?
Darci
mom to 6 great boys-"they've got me surrounded!!"
using: as much HOD as possible! :wink: